Utility Markings at Antique Cars

I have not had the time available to me recently to have a surveillance satellite retasked from other operations to update me on what they are doing at RMC facilities.

Also so it's clear, that is sarcasm in regards to finding out what RMC is doing since they are being so secretive. I have no connections direct or indirect that give me the power to retask US Government surveillance satellites. Officially or unofficially.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

How bout you promise not to quit your day job?

What's my day job got to do with anything? Besides my last one furloughed me thanks to this virus. Been blessed to find a new one with everything that's going on.

Between enjoying the Jack Ryan series and holding on to that old childish imagination I can try and whisk up quite a tale, not that they're any good but I can try.

DJ Fischer

I'm surprised you guys haven't figured out the markings by Antique Cars and the Dodgems are for the new Mega Self-cleaning Restrooms. It seems like some have been complaining about new restrooms forever, Management always says they listen to their guests.

I totally forgot those were in the works.

Is that the new model from intamin with dual loading and moving stalls and urinal platforms for high capacity?

DJ Fischer

Am I the only one who remembers this press release??

"To provide incremental liquidity and enhanced financial flexibility, the Company has taken proactive steps to reduce its capital spending for calendar year 2020, including the suspension of at least $75-100 million of non-essential capital projects planned for the 2020 and 2021 operating seasons. The Company now anticipates spending $85-100 million on capital improvements in calendar year 2020."

https://pointbuzz.com/News/Story/3303

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Which doesn't completely eliminate their big next 150 project in 2022 or 2023 assuming it's all been shifted back a year or two.

The way I'm reading that is, by moving 2021 plans to 2022 and spreading out 2020 plans over 2020 and 2021 (see SRE and the 150th celebration activities) along with trimming the fat on operations and staffing (I've been pleasantly surprised on ops efficiency even with current cutbacks and limitations) for 2020. They are achieving those outlined goals. Especially when looking at things like SRE being so far along but not complete.

I'm no economist or financial expert by any means so this could all be wrong but I'm still looking forward to a good year 2021 with the 150th celebration and an excellent/outstanding year 2022 with what's possibly coming.

Only time will tell but if I give up my hope through all this then there's not much left XD

DJ Fischer

Wouldn't a new ride or coaster be considered essential though? That's literally what the business is. Rides and coasters.

No, not really. Even before COVID, large, marquee additions were becoming less frequent. One reason for this is that the park's lineup is pretty "mature", so at this point they're pretty much just replacing things that have reached the end of their service life, or rehabbing older areas of the park, etc. Also, those big projects haven't been resulting in the same attendance jumps as they had in the past. I certainly wouldn't count on any attendance bumps during a pandemic which will last well into, if not through, next season.

Brandon

Red Garter Rob said:

Am I the only one who remembers this press release?

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I think we are all very aware of the above press release.

However, that same press release also doesn’t specify specifically what projects it’s referring to, so as far as I’m concerned, they could very well install a new attraction next year and forgo installing new restrooms. Or the other way around. Or they may do nothing period. No one really knows and I’ve always take the earnings reports with a grain of salt anyways. Nothing is certain especially now.

That being said, the park is likely focusing on operational plans for now knowing that this virus is likely to be with us next year also.

The bathrooms are fine. Take your **** and get the hell outta there

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

The bathrooms are "fine" in the same way that Corkscrew is fine. No, wait, I take that back. People still enjoy the "view" of Corkscrew...

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

The bathrooms are horribly outdated. I would take new bathrooms if it meant no new coasters for a few years.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Well, then why do you keep track of your Valravn/Steel Vengeance/Dragster stats? Because that's what brings you to the park. Not bathrooms...

Are you really trying to compare park attractions to bathrooms?

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

MrJohnJLewis said:

Well, then why do you keep track of your Valravn/Steel Vengeance/Dragster stats? Because that's what brings you to the park. Not bathrooms...

Wait, am I the only one that keeps track of "number of Cedar Point restroom visits" on my little spreadsheet at the end of each visit?

To add fuel to the sputtering fire, utility markings have now shown up at Windseeker.

Obviously the park is getting ready to build their new 500 foot B&M.

Or: since the park is about to have a LOT of downtime going to weekend only operation, it’s likely they are getting a head start on a few minor projects early.

I really do like that idea that's been thrown around of a modern kiddie coaster like the suspended model they put in at dollywood. Replace Kiddy Kingdom and just wrap the snoopy theme around to some more aggressive kids rides in that area and BOOM new coaster?

Or they're finally getting ready to get rid of wicked twister and maybe windseeker to make room for a boardwalk coaster like Boardwalk Bullet! Which that actually I would very thoroughly appreciate.

DJ Fischer

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service