Utility Markings at Antique Cars

There’s already a nice stage in Frontiertown for pickin and grinnin. It’s called Gossip Gulch and it’s next to Roundup. Acts rotate in and out.

I’d like to imagine CP as a place like Dollywood, where you can’t swing a cat without hitting a theatre. Put medium to large venues, under roof, with actual space for audience seating. Scatter them throughout the park with several live shows throughout the day at each one.

A big indoor music and food venue would be nice back in that area. Keep some of the trees for shade and outdoor seating. Harmony Hall from Carowinds style. Something else Point could really use.

RCMAC said:

There’s already a nice stage in Frontiertown for pickin and grinnin. It’s called Gossip Gulch and it’s next to Roundup. Acts rotate in and out.

I’d like to imagine CP as a place like Dollywood, where you can’t swing a cat without hitting a theatre. Put medium to large venues, under roof, with actual space for audience seating. Scatter them throughout the park with several live shows throughout the day at each one.

I was thinking the Gossip Gulch is too small for a show of any size.

I like your Dollywood idea, especially if they could pull off an outdoor auditorium like the Back Porch Theater.

If you have been to Cedar Point this year, you have probably experienced the live-E being outdoors all over the place; and it's a wonderful thing. It's hard to think of a spot in the park when we were not in earshot of some genre of live music being performed.

Some type of smallish outdoor theater is a wonderful idea (not to mention the Harmony Hall type of eatery).

Promoter of fog.

The amount and quality of live entertainment this year is truly impressive considering the circumstances.

Major props to the management team for seeing the value in the energy and soul live entertainment brings to the park.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

A removal of the Antique Cars and the CCMR would be a nice plot of land for a really nice GCI woodie!

Antique Cars has such nice ambiance in the middle of Frontier Town. I would hate to see that changed.

CCMR seemed like it was on the potential chopping block, but then they gave it a new entrance and some updates for its 50th season last year. I don't see it going anyway for at least another 5 years at this point.

My preference for another Frontier Town coaster would be to take Snake River Fall's spot and go towards the island.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Shades said:

<snip> I've heard that a big portion of the dry humping crowd loves them some country music. <snip>

Now has to clean coffee off the screen and keyboard... awsomeness!

:)

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

RCMAC said:

That darned stage took away my shortcut to the restrooms. Now I have to walk ALL the way around the roundup it takes nearly a minute more! I need to be made whole.

First ride; Magnum 1994

The same painted markings are on the cement near Dodgem at the Maxair side. This clearly means that the new attraction will span from this point to Frontier Town.

Well that settles it. 500ft crosspeninsula RMC TRex confirmed.

Oh and a monorail that circles the point and goes down the causeway to the new parking structure their building on off point property so they can tear up the parking lot and built more rollercoasters. Including a big inverting dueling GCI.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I'd hate to see the covered bridge torn down. However, nothing stays around forever.

At this point, I'm going to say the markings are for something relatively insignificant. Utility locating is typically done very close to when construction is slated to begin, and there's been zilch about any major attractions.

Its possible that the Antique Cars maybe moving to Carowinds. Rumor is Carowinds

might be getting a car ride in 2021.

As far as, no major attraction for 2021, Im not so sure. RMC is being pretty secretive

about the "Major" ride there building right now.

Anyone happen to sneak a peek at what's going on at RMC?

I haven't had the airtime recently to retask a survsat to update on what their doing. Gotta take this stuff seriously when we're talking about new roller coasters.

DJ Fischer

All I have heard is a rumor that Kentucky Kingdom may be getting a RMC single rail.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

While I could see some projects being postponed, I still stand by the fact that whatever was planned for 2021 will still move forward. Kings Dominion is a perfect example of this.

However, I doubt there is anything significant being built at Cedar Point but then again August is usually the time when things start happening so who knows. I think they’ll want to focus on getting things in shape for next season.

If 2021 is supposed to be as big as implied then I think they will shift everything back a year since next year will be their celebration for the past 150, then in 2022 they will have whatever was planned for 2021 for the next 150 as I've been inferring from marketing etc.

DJ Fischer

TwistedCircuits said:

I haven't had the airtime recently to retask a survsat to update on what their doing.

What?

(I'm actually serious; what does that mean?)

Promoter of fog.

He hasn't had the airtime recently to retask a survsat to update on what they're doing. Obviously.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service