News: Cedar Fair reports 2020 second quarter results

Net revenues for the second quarter ended June 28, 2020, were $7 million versus $436 million for the second quarter of 2019. The decrease in net revenues was the direct result of an 8 million-visit decrease in attendance and a $44 million decrease in out-of-park revenues, both shortfalls due to COVID-19-related park closures in the current period.

https://pointbuzz.com/News/Story/3318

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Oof.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

When I read the article, it said those numbers only reflected earnings until the end of June, which only included Worlds of Fun and the 2 Schlitterbahn parks in just a little part of that time. Third quarter will be a better reflection but I still expect it will be a huge drop from last year.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

We are at the park today and holy crap is it busy. Must be the combo of perfect weather and the end of daily ops coming up soon. App wait times are nasty, we just waited 45 for Magnum after 30 for Gemini, 40 for Mine Ride. Did get SV at open and snuck Maverick just before they started with the access pass hours. Rougarou 45 min on the app, Raptor 90.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Glad we went yesterday then. We were only there for the last 2 hours but walked right on Gemini and if it wasn't for all the distancing and cleaning procedures would have walked right on Magnum and Mine Ride. Over the past 2 days we have spent on souvenirs and are planning on another shirt but holding off because the employee said they may get more in a few days and the size we needed wasn't there.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service