Utility Markings at Antique Cars

(Here we go again!)

Thought it would be a pleasant change of pace to discuss the numerous utility markings that have been spotted all over the antique cars back in the frontier town area. Gas, water, sewer, electrical and communication lines have all been marked at various parts of the attraction.

As most of us know by now utility markings can mean the installation of a new light pole or it can hint towards the future removal or replacement of a ride.

Of course we also know that frontier town has been the focus of the park for a little while and this would presumably be the last area that hasn’t seen recent updates. (Aside from the future town hall).

Cue the conspiracy theories....and go!

Mr. Mgou, have you ridden Cedar Creek Mine Ride lately? As the ride ends and enters the station there is a man in overalls sitting on a chair with his dog next to him. He looks very suspicious. Rumor has it he emerges after hours and sprays markings and such just to mess with overly observant enthusiasts.

I saw the pics on Facebook. I wondered how long until there would be a thread here. 4 days. That was slower than expected. But I do agree, it's good to see a thread like this rather than fighting over a virus or masks. Now we can fight over what these (probably) insignificant markings are for! Ahhh...normalcy.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

How about a reimagined Antique Cars? Incorporate a new designed course with a new flume ride!

They can do anything hey want with the Antique Cars space as long as they leave the trees.

Wasn't there a time years ago where some park was literally just playing with spray paint to mess with enthusiasts?

It's for their 3rd part of the Frontier Town trilogy for the fuede and it will be a 500ft+ TRex with SpaceX thrusters for launch instead of traditional systems. All the trains will look like the antique cars.

This is easy. Good stuff to see back on the forum.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

This just brightened up my day. Back to what brought me here in the first place; rumors, leaks and conspiracies. Being they already have antique cars near Valravn, maybe it's time to put something else there? Seems like it's a decent plot of land

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

There is something refreshing about seeing this thread emerge. My brain will take every diversion it gets.

Anyone else remember when "Tony and Tyler" pulled the blueprints for Skyhawk out of a trash-can?

Promoter of fog.

Mgou58,

You just made my day! Well Done!

Last edited by negative g,

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

When I was at the park earlier this summer the Cheese-on-a-Stick guy told me he heard we are getting Aquatrax antique cars in 2022. He's not as reliable as the Lemon Chill guy, but still....

Been asking for it for decades, hope we'll finally see it; an S&S SkySwat.

Wait, what do you mean S&S is out of business?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and expand this speculation with no evidence!

Snake River Falls isn't too far from this spot. Sure there is Townhall, food stands and Skyhawk between them. But those are super easy obstacles to engineer around.

I'll predict this will be a GCI woodie that occupies the space with SRF and the antique cars are!

Considering what that would do to the aesthetic of the area, hard pass. But a GCI could fit nicely in CCMR's plot.

Brandon

Yea, I have no evidence, just a crazy conspiracy theory!

Honestly, my dream would be CCMR to be replaced with a modern mine ride from Morgan or Vekoma. I think the park could still use that type of family attraction, just a modern version. It would be amazing if they could get Vekoma to build a version with their Seven Dwarfs trains, but I doubt Disney will allow that.

I wonder if they plan on relocating the stage near Iron Dragon. That area is kind of weird, and if they have plans for the area across the way when Monster Jam was, and it took up space for crowds, maybe make a stage area where Antique Cars is because the back of the park seems pretty popular with the addition of Steel Vengeance

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

Side note here, but did I miss the surprise Tony was talking about? Been on vacation for a month and haven't been lurking around.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

The surprise was the 150th Anniversary book released by the park. Assuming you're referring to his tweets with the MF blueprints and such.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

MrJohnJLewis said:

maybe make a stage area where Antique Cars is because the back of the park seems pretty popular with the addition of Steel Vengeance

I'm not sure a stage like that is exactly the type of ambiance they are going for.

Nothing says "howdy pardner" like (insert monster truck announcer voice here) IN YOUR FACE!!! PUMP IT UP JAMS 2021!!!

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I think it could work. I've heard that a big portion of the dry humping crowd loves them some country music. Put that on the stage in Frontier Town and you've got yourself a party.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service