Virus Impact on CP

Fast Pee and Faster Pee +. Now with bulls eye urinals to increase your aim!

Amusement parks and public places do not have bathrooms. They have restrooms. I have yet to see a bathtub or shower in a public restroom. Come to think of it do you really rest in a restroom? Lets call it what it is a "toilet." If you are not comfortable with that word, how about the Men's Room and the Ladies' Room. But not the bathroom!

Do you have a stove in your kitchen?

How come you drive on a parkway and park in a driveway? (Apology's to Les Levine.)

I like the Scouting term. KYBO Though they are generally less pleasant than a CP restroom.

Keep Your Bowels Open. :)

I know there's been conversation about this but do we have any verification if there will be operating days past the current posted dates or if that's it?

Some of my family wants to go but couldn't make it until later August.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

They are advertising fall dates on a billboard on one of the car rides

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Those are old banners from last year. Most of that was still up at Winter Chill out. Why there still up I'm not sure but I'm doubtful if that's valid information for that season?

DJ Fischer

It said Fall Fun and not Halloweekends like it normally does, I'm pretty sure it's from this year. I'll see if I can find it. I know I saw it posted somewhere. And you are able to make Breakers reservations through the end of October.

Here it is from CP Rundown:

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

This IS from this year.

That doesn't mean anything will actually happen though they continue to state they will be open during the fall.,

Oh wow I completely missed that. Good catch!

Looks promising thank you!

DJ Fischer

I wouldn't read too much into the banner one way or the other regarding Halloweekends/Great Pumpkin Fest. The whole "Life needs more..." is a consistent theme throughout the park advertising. It does seem to suggest they plan to be open in the fall, but I don't see anything beyond that.

There is one billboard that I saw today, located near the ticketing area and large American flag. It has an image of a "Screamster" on it. I have not seen any other throughout the park that give any inkling of a Haunt season, just that one with the pumpkins shown above.

Unfortunately it looks like we are set to rollback some of the things we’ve opened this upcoming week. Nothing that will impact the park but certainly local bars and restaurants probably. One step forward and ten thousand steps backwards. That’s the American way.

I take my students on a little field trip to Cedar Point in the fall, so I have been asking questions for planning purposes. I had a discussion today, and the fall is confirmed. In what form? Unsure, but I think common sense would tell us all that it is most likely to be a more lightly-themed festive experience, and not the Halloween-on-steroids that we are all accustomed to.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Take a closer look at that photo a few posts up where it says “Sept 18-Nov 1”. Last season ended on October 27, and Nov 1, 2020 is a Sunday. I think if they weren’t planning on *something* the dates would have been removed from that billboard.

“HGIH VOLTAGE” notwithstanding this is a park that generally pays attention to details, especially details that are going to set customer expectations.

—Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

^What was HGIH VOLTAGE? Was it a misspelled sign from days past somewhere in the park?

Reservations are going to no longer be required at King's Island. They must be seeing far fewer numbers than expected. Wonder if CP will follow suit.

I'm in the Kings Island season passholder Facebook group and reports have been that the park has been dead over the last week and a half. We were there on the 4th when they were booked up at 10k and even with that number in the park it never seemed close to busy, except in area 72 for Orion.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Today at CP there around around 8.5K Season ticket slots and 4K paid still available. For tomorrow there are around 8.5K Season ticket slots and 4.5K paid admission slots available. I'm not sure if someone reserves one it takes away from the other, but either way you add it, it doesn't look like a ton of demand there. They are calling the weather for 86 and Mostly Sunny today, and 80 and Sunny tomorrow. Aside from being a little warm today, it's certainly can't be the weather hurting the demand.

If you figure the current cap is 5K for resort/ marina and 15K regular for pass/ admission guest, were looking at best around 12K attendance. (In the past, a late July weekday with good weather would typically bring in 30-35K easy. )

I am really surprised of lack of demand. I'm sure they are as well.

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service