Three people at Cedar Point were diagnosed with the coronavirus

The news just broke out now. Thank goodness I haven't been there.

I think it’s safe to say at this point most everywhere has someone that has COVID.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Reaffirms our decision to sit this year out.

The virus is so easily transmissible. Did people actually think that it wouldn't show up at Cedar Point? Or any other amusement park? This isn't really shocking or surprising by any means.

Is this any different than it showing up at a grocery store, restaurant, etc? Three employees is a blip on the radar. As long as you are taking your own precautions, I think it's still far safer than most any other "essential" business.

If a breakout of a few dozen occurred at one time, that to me is a reason to be concerned. But three? No. And since the place has only been open a week, there's a good chance they didn't actually contract it in the open park.

I am actually surprised there has only been one case at KI so far, at least that has been reported. Let’s hope all these precautions continue to be effective.

And that case was also reported in the first 2 weeks of operation, so entirely plausible that it didn't come from the park. It's almost as if masks work when everyone wears them...

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

It's important to realize that you can't account for every person's time outside of work. Unless there are widespread cases of employees being infected, it's hard to blame the workplace as the point of infection. And since contact tracing isn't a thing in the US, we'll never know.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Do we know any details about how they handling the dorms? I believe some of them are intended for 3 per room. Has they been cut to 2 or 1? Interested if the situation can provide any sight into college dorm rooms for the fall.

Hi all! Long time reader on this site but have never posted. As for the dorms, a friend of mine was interning at Cedar Point for the summer. When she moved into the dorms, it was 2 per room, but it was impossible to remain socially distanced from other interns in the dorm likely contributing to a greater opportunity for the virus to spread.

So since the park has been open, how many people have been to the park? Including employees? And only three got Coronavirus? I'd say we are doing pretty good, and it's a good sign that we are in the right direction

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

Only three have tested positive for Coronavirus.

Brandon

If they're seasonals, it's unlikely they got it at the park. It hasn't been open long enough. The question is more about whether or not it spread at the park, in which case hopefully they're testing the employees they work with. If they're outdoor workers and everyone is basically following mask protocol, I doubt the risk is high at the park.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

There was a training period before the park opened, right? They didn’t just toss these kids the keys to Maverick the day before.

From some of what I've heard it wasn't the day before but days before... I don't know how true it is but opening day definitely gave me that impression. I don't think there was a huge lead time. Maybe a week at the most from what I know from GP to Enthusiast.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Cargo Shorts said:

There was a training period before the park opened, right? They didn’t just toss these kids the keys to Maverick the day before.

There were more than a few that had Day 1 Training on the day before Friends & Family Day, worked Friends & Family Day, had the day in between as their day off, and then Opening Day was their third day.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service