Water Rides?

So I saw snake river will not open up, but is Thunder Canyon going to open? Wonder how the mask rule will work with that.

I'd be surprised if Thunder Canyon opened.

Parks are running their rapids and log flumes, I could see Thunder Canyon running. One party per raft, so lots of small groups of 2-4 mostly.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

17 hours before opening an email from KI reports it is undetermined if WWC will be running. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scott Cameron said:

I'd be surprised if Thunder Canyon opened.

Considering one member said their friend was hired on and has been training for the TC crew, I'd say they're planning on opening it.

How come they aren't opening snake river falls? Is it because of difficulty regarding social distancing this year? Or less people being hired?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

"Due to social distancing guidelines, Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island and Snoopy Bounce will not open this season. In addition, Snake River Falls and the new Snake River Expedition will open in 2021."

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Just had a thought, could there be some sort of work going on with SRF in conjunction with the new SRE that is being held up?

At Kings Island yesterday my wife and I rode White Water Canyon, which was great since it was insanely hot out. Masks required until you get in the raft, 1 party per raft. There was a single rider ahead of us, so he rode alone. Group ahead of that had 4, all rode together. Pretty good process IMO. It was nice to ride one ride without the mask, although it wasn't bad at all wearing it all day. The cooling gaiters we bought worked great.

Last edited by James Parker jr,

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

James Parker jr said:

... The cooling gaiters we bought worked great.

Glad to hear that as I have one on order.

Has TC been running, does anyone know?

Afternoon of July 9th it was most certainly running. Lots of soggy people on frontier trail.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

It was running today too. Hopefully it will be running tomorrow, not looking forward to the 95 degree heat on the Lake, but oh well.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service