Discover Cedar Point history app

Cedar Point dropped the self guided historical tour app for both Android and Apple. I used it today, it is very similar to a self guided tour at any historical attraction. Definitely worth checking out, very informative, and also some cool never before seen photos.

it's a great app, but I wish it was available for desktop computers. It's hard to see the detail of the photos on a tiny phone screen!

For that, I simply take a screenshot of said photo, and then blow it up.

My favorite photo so far shows the dismantling of Frontier Lift, and some early construction work for Iron Dragon. I'd post it here, but for some reason, the image upload site I use just gives me a link for the thumbnail image, so therefore, it's small.

Just finished working my way through the app. Really neat stuff! Hopefully it gets more attention as the 150th celebrations continue next year. There were more than a few images and anecdotes that were news to me, including things that aren't even in the massive (and also excellent) Rolling Through the Years book. I appreciated having interview clips and insights from H. John Hildebrandt, Richard Kinzel and Don Miears as well.

Highly recommended for any Cedar Point history fan!

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service