Virus Impact on CP

RCMAC said:

We’re making reservations to visit and they know who shows up.

This. Contac those who visited within the last 10 days (or whatever), and advise them that if they visited attraction X during a certain time period, they likely were exposed.

I don't know how effective that will be, but I don't know what else they could realistically do.

Brandon

TwistedCircuits said:

If anyone notices a ride or shop go down for an odd reason that may be why.

From what I can tell, they're doing a higher than usual amount of cross training on the ride crews. Likely in order to mitigate that exact risk.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Thats actually a very good point.

I was more referring to that note about closing the location to associates and guests until a proper disenfectant could be completed which was written as it can't happen right away?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Just an observation; You can now purchase FastLane (one day or all season, which will be good until 2021) at Kings Island.

Promoter of fog.

Hey, if somebody makes it to Cedar Point anytime soon, could you please post a picture of that Cedar Downs Bullseye shirt? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it there before it gets pulled, and I'd love to see what it looks like!

Got it. I actually don't think this violates copyright. It's just a style no actual IP details.

Will post when I get home.

DJ Fischer

TwistedCircuits said:

Will post when I get home.

Yay! Thanks, TwistedCircuits! I really appreciate it. Cedar Downs is my favorite ride in the park and I'm thrilled it's got its own T shirt! Hope you had a great day at the park! Looks like you got a thunderstorm a little while ago.

Last edited by SarahB1863,

Day in the park was great! Thank you!

I got into my rig just as is started sprinkling and it was a downpour by the time I hit fifth street. Was eerie they it was behaving driving west on the pike. I'm wondering if that cell sent some tornadoes or water spouts down.

DJ Fischer

Wow, glad you got home OK! And thanks again for taking a picture of the Cedar Downs T shirt. :-) I look forward to seeing it!

So here's a guy from Port Clinton, near CP, who was a die-hard never-masker, and he is now dead. He was 37. These stories seem random enough, but common enough to not screw around.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/07/10/year-old-port-clinton-war-ve...urth-july/

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I'd be curious to hear what the complications were exactly, I haven't heard much information at all ok cases like that, from the numbers I've seen it's a statistical outlier but there is always new information to learn. I saw we had an MD of some sort write something on the topic as well. Curious if he'd have anything to add?

DJ Fischer

After reading around about how CP is handling things since opening, I see they didn't care to contact Dollywood to check on their procedures.

I was there a little over 2 weeks ago, and although I thought some procedures were a bit much, the park was operating fine. From what I'm piecing together online, CP is going overboard with their procedures in comparison. Rides are generally running under 1/3 capacity, Maverick & Steel Vengeance were even worse from one report where someone actually took the time to count trains per hour & number of riders while waiting in line.

Dollywood isn't exactly about ride throughput either, for anyone here who's never been there.

Out of curiosity how is Dollywood handling trains on coasters for comparison? Row closures, cleaning process, etc?

DJ Fischer

Most were every other row seating with 2 exceptions. Their wing coaster was seating in all seats because wing coaster seats are spaced out. Mystery mine was only allowing 1 group per train, which meant the line crawled as a single rider would occupy an entire train.

Seats/rides were sanitized once per hour, on the hour. They had sprayers of sanitizer and were giving them a good spray, then cycling them once to dry them. The crews had the procedure down pretty well.

Their actual train though, had a horrendous wait. They blocked off 2 rows rather than 1 between open rows, and were only letting one group, no matter how small, sit in that row. It would have been possible to have that huge train only have a school bus load of people on it if enough single riders showed up.

They were assigning seats on most rides as well (including the Train), but did allow for requests for front or rear if they could work it in. They did not have or need a boarding pass system. The food and drink places that were open operated fine, with a few restrictions.

This was my 3rd time to Dollywood, and the first time that lighting rod was actually open. YouTube videos of that quad down don't do it justice...

^^ Why would Cedar Point or Cedar Fair contact Dollywood and care what their procedures are? And secondly, I'd rather they err on the side of caution and go "overboard" than do the most convenient thing to get by. It's a crappy year, with basically free access to the park as pass holders. Again, I'll reiterate what I said before, people should just be happy a freaking amusement park is even open right now, let alone complain about their procedures after 2 days.

Cedar Point's efficiency will improve. We just have to give them time as they get used to doing things new ways.

And Dollywood's train has always seemed to be horribly slow loading.

I would like to go back to the bathroom issue for a moment.

Bathrooms are a needed item that do not show profit. They are low on the budget for repair and renovations. With that said and still being intrigued by the moving bathroom concept from earlier, I would like to introduce a solution.

In and out doors marked and a short cue line to enter the new bathroom. No one will want to exit through the cue so the problem is mostly solved. With the urinals on a moving platform, you can consider it a ride and you can see wait times for use on the app. Fast Pass Urinal wrist bands can be sold to help financially compensate for the maintenance.

Sure I would not like to be the poor sap that spent $12.00 for a warm beer and would not pay for the $12.99 urinal fast pass, but it is no different than the cue at Maverick.

Sorry for the mess. Signature under construction.

Chuck_E_Cheese said:

Fast Pass Urinal wrist bands can be sold to help financially compensate for the maintenance.

You could call it "Fast P*ss"

Replace the asterisk with an i

:-)

Wow I didn't know my ideas could be built upon!

DJ Fischer

...opening up the notion of a T-shirt for Fast P*ss: yellow with a bullseye...

The wristband could have the same logo... :)

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service