What Rides are Running?

I know today is the F&F day, and I'm watching on the webcams to see what they have opened. I can confirm that Millennium, Rougarou, and Steel Vengeance have all been running. I have yet to see Dragster (Moderately expected due to the offseason work) or Maverick cycle even once. Does anyone have any updates on other rides?

That sounds like a typical operating day.

That promising for sure! Looking forward to Thursday!

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I'll also update and say that Iron Dragon has cycled once, at least for the last 10-15 minutes I've watched the webcam. Also, Millie dispatch times are abnormally high, with only 3 or 4 trains passing in 15 or so minutes.

I was watching cam #1 for about 5-10 minutes and saw Power Tower cycle

Just watched Dragster finish so that was running as well.

UPDATE: Alright been sort of watching on and off and so far I have seen: Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Rougarou, Corkscrew, Skyhawk, Maverick, and the Kiddie balloon ride. Have not seen Iron Dragon run but others have, haven't seen Steel Vengeance run either but it was yesterday.

Last edited by CoasterMom91,

Weight Loss Goal: Millennium Force | Trips in 2021: 0

They had the front half of the park open from 12-3, and the back half open from 3-6. Certain rides never opened because I think that was planned, as a few were cycling.

But I rode: Raptor, Valravn, Gatekeeper, Rougarou, Millennium Force, Iron Dragon, Magnum, Maverick, and Steel Vengeance.

Skyhawk and Maxair were running, as was Power Tower, Corkscrew, Pipe Scream and Super Himalaya.

Dragster, Blue Streak, and Gemini were all cycling but had signs up that they weren’t opening today.

It sounds like the park may rotate rides each day. I can’t see everything running because of staffing.

That's an interesting approach, makes practical sense too.

Questions based off of that then. Can we wander the full park even in a section where rides aren't open assuming this continues. And will it always be the sames times open for each area or will it have a rotating schedule?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Friends and family day has been this way for years. Staggered ride times. It won't be like this for the general public.

Two things from Kings Island that can likely be applied here.

1) The only seeing 3-4 trains per 10-15 minute interval is going to be the new norm. Other than Orion all of the coasters with three trains only ran two, and the third wasn't even on the storage track. Prepare for slow two train operations.

2) The water rides (and possibly some flats) didn't open until later in the day. In the pre-COVID world Cedar Point had a hard time getting everything up and going for opening, even the rides that were scheduled for an hour after park open. Don't expect to walk in at 11 and have everything going.

I haven't noticed the Sky Ride running at all. Think they'll leave that closed? That would be a shame, it's an easy ride to "social distance" in (one party per car, just like the Giant Wheel).

Sky Ride was operating yesterday during Friends and Family day.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service