Apple products only?

I have just received the passholder invitation and it is saying you need to download the mobile app to do a health screening before park entry. The page on the site says the app is available on apple devices only. I do not have an iphone or a smart phone at all. My friend has a samsung. I read other topics on here and see many of you guys are using the app. I am assuming you all have iphones? If this is true, a bad move by the park ,this is very unfortunate as I can't go to the park this season. I have not made a reservation yet, but plan to go sometime.

I have the app and am proudly running a non apple product. I personally am running it on Android 10 and have had no major issues with it. I could send an app store link if your friend needs?

So if you don't have a smart phone in general, (I also am planning to visit with a person who also has no phone) can we get in without a phone to do just the main gate temperature check?

BTW I have reached out to the park, she told me she is not sure 100% on the mobile info, they are still updating everything.

I'm an Android user and have the app. It's available on Google Play

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

One person in your group must have a smartphone with the app due to the touch free nature of most of their covid limitations.

As to support they are great but I've found when it comes to specifics like "is there a android health screen?" its a little too deep for them answer. I just don't think they are provided that type of info.

I'm going the 9th so if you don't hear anything back I'll post how it went the 8th (which is when I can fill it out if i understand correctly).

But its possible some of the resort guests have had some experiences as well if they see this thread they could answer.

TwistedCircuits said:

One person in your group must have a smartphone with the app due to the touch free nature of most of their covid limitations.

I don't know if,legally, they could do that .

I don't know any law that requires a person to own a cell phone,let alone a smartphone.

No different that having to accommodate a person with a disability.

There's also P.R.

Can't wait to see a video of a teary eyed person crying she/he can't afford a smartphone and

Cedar Point won't let them in.

From what I've heard (all second hand) they are capable of accommodating they just aren't advertising that detail.

Also anything that can be done in the mobile app prior to your visit can be done online, see: https://www.cedarpoint.com/welcoming-you-back/before-you-leave-home

The first place that phone requirement will kick in is on arrival: https://www.cedarpoint.com/welcoming-you-back/when-you-arrive

Now technically if you have paper tickets I can't see you not being able to scan those but I think they are trying to move away from that.

I'm sure if one were to reach out to the park on the grounds of an accommodation they would be able to provide alternate options but since the majority of guests will be able to make this work (as only one person per group needs a smartphone with the app) they are just answering the questions for the average group of guests. Otherwise these welcoming you back pages might looks like a legal document with all the exceptions and clauses and sub clauses on how to handle things.

It really sucks that companies are going the way of Apps. I don't have a smartphone and don't want one. I have no need for it. But, since I haven't been to CP in 5 yrs and won't be returning anytime soon, I am not going to get upset about this.

Promoter of fog.

It sounds like at Kings Island you can just scan your pass as normal. Reservations are automatically linked and they do a verbal health screening at the temp check anyway.

That's very true, I have a pass and was thinking of the normal tickets for some reason. I honestly don't plan on taking my phone into the park this year (go smartwatches with touch-less payment!) and was just planning on using my pass to get in and all that good stuff.

Kevin that's gold.

Have no fear by next season the Platinum All Season Smart Phone Plan will have rolled out for $249.99

A cedar point smart phone? I don't know if I trust them enough for that product. But that price. Whoo boy...

They have been collecting them from under rides for years and many survived. Who knows what model you will get for the day. :)

You could always go with the cheaper Gold plan but if you loose it on a ride there is a $75 deductible.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service