CP Reopening- Gov DeWine comments

Gold and Platinum never had the same early entry. Platinum gets one hour and gold gets 30 minutes before park opens.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

By "other half" you must mean your secondary personality, yes?

I'm speaking to the person inside you, Michael. Like you, she to is hypnotized...and must answer all my questions...

Promoter of fog.

its all about the resorts this year. its the only way they can recoup lost revenue.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Jeff said:

I don't know who mentioned Florida, but all of the big counties reported an increase in cases in the last few days. There's a shocker.

Orange County infection rate was 0.96 yesterday. At least that should make you happy.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle resort guests this year. We usually stay two nights when we go and get two full days in the park. I'm not going to bother if booking a room doesn't guarantee us access to the park on those days. Do resort guests automatically get full-day entry to the park on days they stay? I saw a post earlier that said Disney is not guaranteeing access to their parks, even if you do have a resort reservation. Also, I have two single-day tickets, two FL+ tickets and two all-day dining tickets. I hope I can use them this year.

Cartwright said:

.., but no risk of lightning,

I'm curious as to how one might figure out that there is "no risk" of lightning.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

We've got July 10, 11 and 12 booked in Breakers West at $380 a night passholder rate. If that doesn't get me in the park no doubt I'll be cancelling. Loved that new wing last season, but not enough to pay with no park access.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Red Garter Rob said:

Cartwright said:

.., but no risk of lightning,

I'm curious as to how one might figure out that there is "no risk" of lightning.

I guess there is never "no risk". But when it's a rain event that other parks don't close coasters and CP never did prior to the 2007 Magnum train bump, that's what I was going for.

I just saw an update from PTC from this morning where they show a Blue Streak car still stripped down in the shop. He states that they will be able to return to work this week to finish the work.

Red Garter Rob said:

My phone can tell me the nearest lightning strike within seconds. I'm sure their are programs they can use that can tell them about lightning risk. The same way sporting events play until lightning risks are gone or lowered. It is something they have been doing for years.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Yes they can "predict" lightning conditions, but you can not be 100% certain when, where or if it will ever strike.

Except November 12th, 1955 at 10:04pm. That's legit.

VertiGo Rides - 82

mgou58 said:

Disney just updated their resort policies stating that you are not guaranteed access to the park just because you have a resort room in order to control capacity.

I suspect Cedar Fair will use this model as well, in order to balance capacity and access.

I'm not sure where you saw this update, but just because we did have existing reservations, I called the cast member we had been working with. He said folks with existing reservations will be getting first priority towards access to the parks.

And even then, all ticket sales and reservations have been paused. So if you're already "in", you're just fine.

It would make zero sense for any park not to start with folks with reservations to their resorts/hotels and then go from there.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Right here:

"Planning to visit a theme park during your stay? Select Walt Disney World theme parks will begin to reopen on July 11. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required (a Disney Resort hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access)"

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Basically what they are saying is that you have to have both a hotel AND confirmed park ticket on the same day.

VertiGo Rides - 82

Correct. I should elaborate, I suppose: By reservation, I meant a guest with a package (apparently people just book a room with no package?) of some kind.

But even then, folks with reservations (an no ticket package) are the next on the list. From his perspective, they are going to do everything they can to ensure that folks staying on the property will get access to a reservation.

I suppose it all depends on that magic number (pun intended) of how many people are allowed in. The difficulty will be in that 4-day lag when only 2 parks are open. Once all 4 are good to go, it will get easier.

When it comes to Cedar Point, there are so fewer guests staying on property compared to Disney, I would imagine they would start there.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

vwhoward said:
I'm sure their are programs they can use that can tell them about lightning risk.

Probably are but parks aren't using anything fancy to monitor weather. They basically use the same websites and iPhone apps that we all have access to. Other than that it's usually the standard flash to bang method when out in the park and lighting is observed from an employee.

Sounds like (from what a few park workers who stopped into my place of work today), that the park is potentially eyeing the Fourth of July weekend, if not the second week of July.

Take that as you will but that seems to line up with the timeline they needed to get ready. I also thought I saw on here or on Twitter that the park will be releasing the full guidelines for guests sometime this upcoming week.

Edit: wanted to thank Rob for clarifying Disney’s policies.

Last edited by mgou58,

MichaelB said:

I'll be calling and voicing my opinion to guest services next week. I'm not usually one to bitch, but them taking advantage of a little asterisk in a policy when it's never been the case before is a little unnerving to say the least.

It's a good thing there aren't any exceptional circumstances, right?

Shades said:
Orange County infection rate was 0.96 yesterday. At least that should make you happy.

If it were true, sure, but covidactnow.org hasn't updated. That 0.96, the trailing 7-day average, included data up to May 26. New cases have been spiking since 6/2. Same for Hillsborough, Palm Beach and Broward.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Something seems weird about that site. It was 1.10 just a few days ago. Then it dropped to 0.96. Now that’s not right?

XS NightClub said:

its all about the resorts this year. its the only way they can recoup lost revenue.

Speaking of resorts, I wonder how renovations are going at Sawmill Creek, the resort that Cedar Point acquired last year. I saw some golfers on the course today, not certain aboutthe lodging\resaurant\shops.

Kevinj said:

(apparently people just book a room with no package?)

I did. I have a gold pass so I didn't need a ticket package this year, but I still wanted the convenience of not having to leave the park if I wanted to take a rest or change into a swimsuit.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service