Rob Decker

Did Rob Decker retire as Cedar Fair VP of Planning and Design? If so who is the replacement for his role? Can anyone confirm?

I believe he retired at the end of last year or is getting ready to based off of this article I stumbled across a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.sidneydailynews.com/news/145592/decker-ready-for-next-adventure

I totally missed that. What a loss for the company. I had many opportunities to talk to him over the years, and I think he was so well enabled in the Ouimet era that he was able to leave quite a legacy. He always deferred credit to his team, which I respected.

Still, at around 60, presumably with a big chunk of stock compensation, last year was a great time to leave. Hopefully he cashed out while the price was high.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

It was awesome getting to chat with him during Valravn's opening and a few times after. Even got a fist bump from him over one of my Coastermania Film Festival shorts. He will be missed but I wish him a much deserved retirement.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Sad news for Cedar Fair to be sure. He really understands how to build a theme park, how to build an amusement park, and when each approach is appropriate. He's definitely left an indelible mark on Cedar Fair, and I hope he has trained his successors well.

And I hope he really enjoys his retirement. The man deserves it.

--Dave Althoff, Jr

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service