1989 Promo Video

Interesting promo video from 1989:

That music is terrible. It looks like video toaster stuff from a year or two later, which it might be. It sure is neat to see Avalanche Run without the building though. You can see how slow it is.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

“Rock n Roller Coast” has been around since ‘89? Seems impossible.

Ha ha ha yeah the music is pretty bad.

Hey now, somewhere out there. Is a person who that was the biggest accomplishment of their professional music career. They wrote it and managed to sell it to a company who used it in a commercial.

Just because you don't like the a certain band or song, doesn't make it bad.

But in this case, yeah it's pretty horrible.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

That music sounds like video game music from the time. It would work in a video game like Sonic The Hedgehog for example, but it doesn't fit well in a Cedar Point video.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Though to its credit, it encapsulated the magnificent cheesefest that was the late 80s perfectly. It's like a video someone today would make as a faux retro piece, only it's 100% authentic.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Red Garter Rob said:

Yes it does and I am willing to die on this hill. :)

Red Garter Rob said:

I admit, my eight-year old self would’ve thought the music is awesome. I also jinxed myself and had this tune stuck in my head over the weekend while out doing yard work. 😆

I also love how they just put the Magnum XL-200 logo (with no other details at all) at the very end of the video. "Oh by the way.... we're putting this thing in. Whatever it is."

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Here's an Arrow promo video from 1989, featuring Gemini and Magnum:

I recently came across this 1989 home movie footage. While there's a lot of moving around, the video does capture the cool details from that period of time!

Last edited by kylepark,

Definitely cool seeing the Frontiertown Carousel again on this video along w/ the Oceana and Jungle Larry stuff. Haven't seen that stuff in ages.

Another cool video from 1989:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXcpBlldTC8

kylepark, that's an awesome find! My mom loved having Lanigan on TV during that summer and us kids got excited over that song coming on.

Ever since coming across that video, I like to play it every now and then. Especially in the springtime right before CP opens for the season. Puts me in a good mood!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service