News: Cedar Fair expands its suite of mobile apps to promote a healthy, smart and fun-filled guest experience when parks reopen

New cashless digital payment capabilities join mobile app location modules for enhanced guest experiences, safer guest and associate interactions throughout the visit, and compliance with current health guidelines

https://pointbuzz.com/News/Story/3309

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Awesome! This should make some things alot smoother. I really like the food ordering one. They already do take cashless payments. I've been using Samsung Pay at the park. I usually leave my wallet in the car when I'm at the park. Some of these things should've been done a long time ago, Disney already had a food ordering system. And Disney also has a GPS navigation built into their app. I really liked than when I was at MK and DHS back in January. Although I know CP like the back of my hand now and will probably never use that feature, but it will be very useful for those who don't frequent the park as much as most of here do.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Curious to see how many advancements this type of pandemic has pushed and what will stay around. Cashless options should've been introduced years ago when the apps started rolling out. More virtual queuing options, etc. At the end of the day hopefully most restrictions will be for 2020 only and by this time next year some since of normalcy will be back.

Nothing I've read so far seems out of the norm for what other park chains are doing. Hopefully CF has the available bandwidth to prevent any major issues once things are allowed to re-open.

There were major wifi issues at Kings Island last season. The entire system was down for over two weeks in July. At Canada's Wonderland, the wifi didn't work at all in May of last year, they got it up and running in June.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Have they fixed the app so that my fully charged iPod won't crater after running it for ten minutes? The Cedar Fair apps are worse than Facebook in that regard.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Dave, you are the first person that I have heard that has a problem with the apps other than me. If I have location services enabled so I can actually get ride times my iPhone will drain about 25% or more per hour. So when I want to check I have to go into setting and shut gps access off to the app after.

Unfortunately, the past history of the app has always been that new features come with new problems. I know that probably sounds like a normal thing, and to some degree it is, but the problems seem to typically keep whatever is new from being very useful until additional updates/patches have been made. Since this will no doubt be very high profile, I'm hopeful that this time things will be better.

The most recent example I can think of is the "pass perks" loyalty program which was for pass holders. The perks seemed to occur very randomly, with some pass holders getting them often and others never getting any the whole season after many visits.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Haven't seen anyone mention this on the forums yet so thought I'd share.

I am a beta tester for the Cedar Point app, currently running version 7.31.0. They are rolling out a new remote order for select restaurants. As of tonight after the update these locations are available on the app.

This is as of my update:

Imgur embed link if it doesn't properly show: https://imgur.com/a/Vk0mvc2

Have you ordered anything yet and how long was the wait? :D

Well I don't have this phone setup with GPS spoofing or I would have tried.

Couldn't tell you wait times. I can't imagine they're horribly long. But probably not any faster than normal operations from my stops this spring (Work just so happened to put me at Quaker Steak and Lubes door, they didn't have horrible service for the gentleman running the front saying they didn't have many there)

I did notice last night Famous Dave's is the only place that actually has a menu. Everything else looks like the below. Raw test settings.

Links to imgur album with famous Dave's and one of the test sites. Still have figured out photos here.

https://imgur.com/a/VkKfc0U

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service