CP Reopening- Gov DeWine comments

Because lockdowns are a novel concept, we have no clue what the long term effects will be! We've just discovered they cause unprecedented unemployment rates, mental health crisis, and economic devastation. (COVID19 is a coronavirus, it's not an alien we expect it to behave as all other coronavirus's do)

Lagoon in Utah is open and Universal and other parks are following. There's no point in fighting it.

Last edited by TheBlueStreak,

Ralph Wiggum said:

TheBlueStreak said:

The mortality rate has been confirmed to be under 0.5%.

As of today, there are 98,216 US deaths out of 1.6 million confirmed cases. Some quick math puts that at a 5.8% mortality rate, not 0.5% as you claim. And while the experts agree the number of positive cases is lower than reality due to a lack of testing, they also agree the death count may be 30,000-40,000 less than reality for the same reason.

Please don't bring math, statistics and science into this conversation. People who need to listen won't. Because reals factss are scary scary things. Thinking this "virus" is "man-made" and caused by "5G towers" is much better!

"MuH fReEdoMs aNd RiGhTs FoR hAiRcUtS aNd RoLlIE CoAsTeRs!!!!!11!" Is all people care about now, not how their ignorance or actions effect others but just how this effects them today.

^^Actually, COVID-19 is the condition caused by SARS-COV-2.....which is a coronavirus.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Lockdowns are not novel. They've been used in previous pandemics.

One can be deeply concerned about the economy and still acknowledge that the risk of people gathering in large numbers will have serious consequences. It's not a binary, sports rivalry issue.

Talking about a fatality rate independent of transmission rate is to not understand one of the most basic aspects of epidemiology. A gun blast to the face might be 99% fatal, but it's not something you can easily "catch." If something is even 6% fatal, which globally is the best stat we have, it wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't spread so easily. And you know who will spread it around? People who "believe" misinformation and not take precautions. Our future health is largely in the hands of the willfully ignorant.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

What is dangerous about Sandusky being closed? Sounds like it would be a pretty safe place!

Multiple bad things about Sandusky being shutdown.

1. Economic devastation and mass poverty to Sandusky and Cedar Fair
  2. It's pretty controversial for the government to shutdown an entire industry for unfounded reasons
  3. Other cities and attractions that specialize in tourism like Universal are open/opening, customers will just go there instead of Sandusky.

Also these conspiracy theories about alt accounts or whatever are funny, I'm just speaking my mind, i have no affiliation with any other users on this site. It only shows how hysteric you've people have become.

Last edited by TheBlueStreak,

Sure, brah 👍🏼

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I am not sure how many new accounts happen on average daily. However, I see another one popped up to vote up your post again. Hmmmmm

Joe

I doubt that there are very many people weighing the choice between going to Universal and going to Cedar Point.

Jeff said:

Our future health is largely in the hands of the willfully ignorant.

Can I get a T-shirt with this on it?

It's disappointing to see some people not taking basic precautions to protect themselves and others. But I think what is getting lost beyond the headline grabbing photos of folks flocked together is that there is a significant portion of the population still being responsible and doing their part in line with the expert health recommendations.

Nobody knows what the rest of the summer, fall, or winter will look like. Maybe it's worse and we have a devastating 2nd wave and maybe we don't. It doesn't matter how "pissed" you get at someone else for not following the expert guidelines. You cannot control how they handle themselves during this pandemic, but you can control how you respond to it.

I think a business owner in Traverse City, MI summed it up best ahead of the Memorial Day Weekend crowds expected up North after the Governor opened up Northern Michigan. "If people are willing to behave, we have a chance." Call me optimistic, living in fantasy land, etc. but from what I have witnessed, the majority are still doing their best and not giving the middle finger to the experts.

LOL my money is going to indiana or utah or florida.

I was just browsing on Steam and happened to see this game. It's basically a pandemic simulator. It's only $4 so I might download it and see how I would be at managing a pandemic.

This is in the description: In the event of a global pandemic, would your first priority be preserving lives or saving the economy?

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Too bad the states that wont reopen are screwing their economies and citizens.

Looks like a lot of business are moving to more accepting states.

I‘m only posting to see how quickly our newest troll responds, I’m that bored...

Present to me, with citations and links to proven scientific data, that having no restrictions would have caused less deaths than with restrictions.

If you can do that, I’ll be impressed.

Last edited by mgou58,

TheBlueStreak said:

Too bad the states that won't open are screwing their citizens and economies.

What states are at least not partially opened up? I could understand if all or most states were still under lockdown, but they aren't unless I am mistaken. In my state, the Governor has made some good decisions and then some questionable ones. It has nothing to do with my rights and freedoms, but I think haircuts could be opened back up as well the ability to return cans and bottles for deposits. I'm genuinely curious what things remain closed that would be reasonable to open up in your impacted state?

After seeing all the Memorial Day weekend pics of massive crowds partying at beaches and pools all over the country, I’ll be very interested to see if any fallout in new cases emerges over the next couple weeks. One data point that’s seeming to get stronger validation lately is how much lower the risk is outdoors vs. enclosed spaces, which bodes well for amusement parks, and this past weekend should certainly deliver a heap of evidence, good or bad.

Good luck Thabto. If you can preserve lives and save the economy, you are the man!

Last edited by ILS 0523,

Also, TheBSer, what businesses are leaving what states?

Joe

Hey, He's gone! Thank you Jeff.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service