CP Reopening- Gov DeWine comments

vwhoward said:

^Somebody is being forced to go...employees. To put themselves at risk just for your enjoyment. Maybe you should apply and work for minimum wage in "great" conditions, asking people to wear a mask, hoping they don't punch you for asking. At this point, no matter what the government says, I can't see a scenario where a business like Cedar Point doesn't require masks or doesn't enforce social distancing for 2020.

Wrong, employees aren’t forced to work there. If their not comfortable then don’t work there. It’s called at will employment and we all sign for it when we start work. You have the right not to work there and they have the right not to keep you. Good luck enforcing masks there, try riding rides with a a mask in and see how many people lose them.

this whole thing is an absolute joke.

You’re not comfortable then don’t freaking go. But don’t stop me from not living in fear and having some fun.

Just like those employees, nobody is forcing you to go. Don't like the parks policies? Well...don't freaking go.

And since you brought it up, why does everyone think masks won't stay on? Am I the only one who sees them similar to wearing glasses with a strap? Any mask I've ever worn is pretty tightly strapped to my face and I would imagine going 60mph would just keep it plastered on me. I mean it worked for all those riding Mako last week.

RideMan said:

* But sneezing is not supposed to be a symptom of COVID-19, so not sure why it keeps coming up...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

It's not a symptom. But if someone is an asymptomatic carrier of COVID-19 and they also suffer from seasonal allergies, which millions of Americans are this time of year, that sneeze will absolutely spray the virus around.

Not directed at RideMan, but the people who keep equating mask wearing to individual choice really baffle me. Are they really dense enough that they don't understand an individual's mask isn't to protect them, but to protect everyone around them? You might as well say it's perfectly ok for smokers to light up in the middle of a grocery store (or the middle of a crowded queue) because that's their individual choice.

Last edited by Ralph Wiggum,

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

99er said:

Just like those employees, nobody is forcing you to go. Don't like the parks policies? Well...don't freaking go.

And since you brought it up, why does everyone think masks won't stay on? Am I the only one who sees them similar to wearing glasses with a strap? Any mask I've ever worn is pretty tightly strapped to my face and I would imagine going 60mph would just keep it plastered on me. I mean it worked for all those riding Mako last week.

It’s not about park polices. It’s about this stupid ass governor not opening things up. I agree if I don’t like the parks polices then I won’t go, that’s their right to implement polices and my right to choose to go or not.The way most wear masks majority won’t stay on unless your looking straight ahead. Turn your head and aerodynamics will take over:My point is open the park. Let those of us who feel like going go. And again you have a 99.98% chance to recover from the China virus. I like my odds. We let a virus with a mortality rate of 0.02% scare us. And most that are affected by it are 60+ or have other underlying health issues. Governor DeWine is an ass. As well as Amy Acton.

So basically, old people are expendable because you wanna ride rolley coasters.

Brandon

^^China virus? True colors don't take long to emerge. So are you going to pitch a fit at the gate if they don't let you in without a mask? Or kick you out when they realize you decided to not wear it anymore? And about employees, there are more than just seasonal staff. And saying that we all have a choice to not go to work is crazy. People have to feed their families. Pay their bills. I wasn't given a choice to have to give 30 years of my life to someone else. This is the society that was created for us. We just have to deal with it. So yeah, employees are being forced to go to work for your enjoyment.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

These aren't the dog whistles you're looking for. Move along... move along...

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

People really working themselves up in a rage over one amusement park possibly not opening for an entire year.

The perspective of kids.

We cancelled a Disney trip earlier in the year, and we've continually told them that even though we technically have Cedar Point reservations now for July, there is a really good chance we won't be going, even if the park is open. This is devastating, right?

Not really. They have been perfectly content jumping on the trampoline, exploring the woods behind our house, exploring new parks (that even mommy and daddy have never seen) with us, etc...

Do they want to go? Of course. But this morning my 8-year old was watching some Cedar Point POV's (that's her thing, lately) and said..."Hey dad, you know that feeling when you haven't ridden a roller coaster all winter and how big even the small ones feel? Well just imagine how big and fun even Blue Streak will feel if we have to wait a whole year. It's like the whole park will be brand new all over again!"

She's right, you know.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

It's sad seeing people advocate not opening businesses that employ thousands and keeps an entire town afloat and don't even realize it

It's actually pretty selfish, if you're scared don't go, but Cedar Point has a big enough demand and other parks are also opening.

Last edited by TheBlueStreak,

It's sad seeing people worried more about money than the lives of their fellow citizens. Embarrassing, actually. To think, we used to be the envy of the world. Now people are literally laughing at our selfishness and entitlement.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

You're being silly again! Tourist attractions are crucial to lots of local economies and there's nothing wrong with that. There really is no danger with COVID19 and I expect Cedar Fair could pull a federal lawsuit if Universal and other parks open but they can't.

Cedar Point employs over 4,000 people which also provides lots of other jobs in Sandusky as well as other companies that Cedar Point uses. I hope you think about all these jobs you want dismantled and the effects that'll have.

Remember the "money" argument isn't about the elites making money (They already do so and there companies have been open the entire time like Walmart, Amazon, Mcdonalds, while small businesses are forced to closed). The people who need the money is your neighbor, your barber, your favorite restaurant. This is only causing a bigger divide of Poor vs Rich, mass poverty isn't exactly fun to live in, especially a great depression - esque era.

No danger from COVID-19?

I'm... assuming that the over 98 thousand people who've died from it in this country alone are just weather balloons then?

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Welcome back MaverickLaunch

Relatively speaking that's a very, very small percentage of people dead from the overall United States population and we can't forget the death tally has had some fishy things going on with it.

The mortality rate has been confirmed to be under 0.5%.

Which is fine I suppose unless you or a family member (as in my case) is among the .5% . Remember the mortality rate for influenza (which doesn't have asymptomatic carriers) is only .1%.

I really, really hope you remember this idiotic bullsh!t you are spewing when, in the near future, we get to go through all of this AGAIN. And I'm going to be seriously pissed at you and people who share your mindset when that happens.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

TheBlueStreak said:

For some. For others it is much, much higher. And your actions play a role in their fatalities.

If you're so concerned about the Sandusky area businesses, which is valid, there are places you can patronize to show your concern for the community, regardless of Cedar Point's opening status.

Brandon

TheBlueStreak said:

As of today, there are 98,216 US deaths out of 1.6 million confirmed cases. Some quick math puts that at a 5.8% mortality rate, not 0.5% as you claim. And while the experts agree the number of positive cases is lower than reality due to a lack of testing, they also agree the death count may be 30,000-40,000 less than reality for the same reason.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Another thing to bear in mind: because COVID is new, we have NO idea what the long-term effects are.

We do know that some healthy young people have gotten it, seemingly recovered, and then stroked out and died. We know children who get it are ending up with horrible rashes and swollen hands and feet. We know that some who get it recover but are left with circulatory and lung scarring that will affect their ability to function for the rest of their lives.

And that's just from having this virus around for what, 6 months? What about in a year, ten years, twenty? Viruses have the ability to lie dormant in your body for decades, then emerge as a whole other affliction. That's what shingles is - the chicken pox virus that lies dormant in your system and then in your adulthood gives you a sudden, VERY painful rash.

Because this virus is so new, we don't know what those who get COVID will be suffering from in half a century. That's why I DON'T want to get it, even if I end up being asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms. That's NOT necessarily the end of it. It's a heck of a lot to risk just to ride a roller coaster.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service