New Toll Booths for 2020

If you are a past employee and part of the alumni FB page, someone just posted a pic of the toll booth progress. I wish I knew how to post pics on here.

Save photo to your computer or phone, upload to a site such as imgur, then paste the URL here.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

The URL needs [img] [/img] tags as well if you want it embedded. (Show the actual pic instead of the link)

Regarding the toll booths. Maybe they can be used for drive thru testing this summer.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

To quote my wife - that thing looks huge!

Looks can be deceiving. :)

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

On Monday I was right where that car that took the photo is ( I know, the car didn't take the picture). Just to the left of that cars' location was an extra large flatbed with an enormous steel structure on it. I thought it could be one of the following; either a roof structure for an additional booth area from the chausee area, or a bridge structure for the new paddle-boat ride.

Given the location, I would assume it's not for the bridge. Otherwise they probably would have staged it closer to its final destination.

Brandon

Shades said:

To quote my wife - that thing looks huge!

I heard the same thing from your wife! JOKES :) No woman has ever said that in my presence lol

Thanks for the humor WolfBobs. But it would have been better if you said - that’s what your mom said.

Noted for next time!

Well, I can proudly say I have heard that...but I do believe she was referring to a pimple on my ass. 🤣

I'm wondering if these self scan lanes will now be ready by the new opening day. This should give them a little extra time to polish everything up.

Brian

Looking at that photo and all that soil where I believe concrete pavement should be kind of has me concerned even with a delayed mid May opening.

But as long as ODOT isn’t involved there still may be a chance.

I can’t wait to see this when we are finally let out of our houses in July...

It appears to me that each or most of the vehicle lanes that approach the booth structure have cement curbs, dividing the lanes. The curbing begins approx. 200 yards prior to the structure. I suppose you will have to judicially choose your lane and hope it is a "mover". Don't follow me, whichever line I choose at any establishment always has difficulties. No last second lane changes except for monster trucks.

I noticed someone posted recent pics of the new toll booths on another site. Not going to post pics or the link since not knowing if the photographer was given permission to take the photos. But, it really looks good!

The photos can be seen on a Facebook page called CP Rundown.

Brian

If you scroll up I already posted a picture from awhile back so I don't think there is any problem in posting new ones.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service