Upgrading Gold Pass to a Platinum Pass

I know some people might not want to "help" major corporations, but I feel like Cedar Point is different. We are all obviously super fans to even be on this site. Cedar Point along with Cedar Fair could potentially be in a financial situation due to the ongoing Coronavirus situation. Which means alot of plans for upcoming season could be on hold until they get back on track. One way to "help" would be to upgrade our Gold Passes to Platinum Passes. If a large population did that, that would help Cedar Fair stay on track and stay afloat. I know not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to do so, but my wife and I are "essential" workers so we and not currently struggling financially. We plan on upgrading our passes and would suggest others to do so as well (if they can)

Cedar Fair will be just fine. Who won't be fine are the local shops around me. That is where my money is going.

I'll be buying some merchandise when the parks open.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Don't think many will upgrade. Platinum is $220(now) when most Gold Pass people got the $99 deal that ran till January. The bargain hunters, who bought b/c it was $99 aren't going to upgrade to pay $121 more.

I'm sure most won't spend the extra $121, I'm just suggesting they should. So we can all help our favorite park

Cedar Fair isn't a charity. They are a business. While I may be more inclined to eat park food or spent $5 on skeeball or buy an extra tshirt this year to show a little love, I would hardly encourage anyone to upgrade their ticket to something they aren't going to use. A handful of enthusiasts upgrading tickets isn't going to save them if things are that uncertain for them.

Spend that money on a locally owned restaurant or business that may in fact be facing a decision to permanently close right now. Cedar Fair will get through this. I get what you're saying and it's not that it won't help, but it's not the right answer to helping the overall economy.

Buy a FL or stay a night a night at Breakers.

If I go back to Cedar Point I’ll consider buying a meal with a large drink. That should do it.
In the meantime, I like the idea of helping local businesses, and by that I mean the ones in my own town. I’d also consider buying items from the USPS.

Na, CP has the advantage of being a totally awesome product. Even if they open up 3 years from now the product will be top notch. Minus the bathrooms ;)

I'm not trying to jumpstart the overall economy, just Cedar Fairs economy. I care more about Cedar Points success than the well well being of my little farm town. I know that's not everyone ideology, but I love this place and want them to be able to stay on track with their plans

I am actually considering taking the year off from Point and KI now that the pass is valid until December 2021. I do have a platinum pass already with most of the available add-ons. Not much else I can do for CF as I rarely buy merch.

I do think though the smaller, local FEC's or parks such as Waldameer, Indiana Beach (if they re-open as rumors and their own official FB page are suggesting), HW, KK, etc. are where my dollars may be spent if/when a 2020 season happens. These parks will need much more support to pull themselves out of a hole then CF or SF parks.

CP will be just fine, maybe a year or two off from a MAJOR ride addition due to this depending on how much of a season is lost and how much of an attendance hit they take when they do re-open.

Last edited by WolfBobs,

Agreed. I'd be 1000x more inclined to buy a few tickets to Waldameer and Holiday World that I knew I'd never actually use than CP. Not that I don't love CP. I do. But they'll be okay.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service