Virtual Queue

Where did you go to medical school? What is your specialty?

Because thousands of doctors all over the country are prescribing it (in an era where doctors have become increasingly reluctant to prescribe antibiotics). Maybe they know something you don't?

At the risk of repeating myself, lemmings.

MaverickLaunch said:

I was waiting for it and you delivered.

Not as long as we've been waiting on your NYT fact check.

Not allowing people to drive to church and stay in their cars with the window up (Kentucky) is an even more absurd violation of constitutional rights.

And that is why these orders exempt churches. The whole separation thing. But, again, we're not talking about laws here, so your continued "but muh Constuhtooshen!!!" argument is irrelevant.

Brandon

Z-pack is not going to "kill" the virus. I said a cocktail of drugs is working. The hydoxy, a common malaria drug, blocks the virus from replicating. It is especially good at this if you take zinc as a supplement, as that, when allowed into the cells by hyrdroxy, helps shut down the virus from replicating. The z-pack is to ward off any opportunistic bacterial infections in the lungs from forming due to an stressed immune system fighting covid resulting in pneumonia.

And I did pay attention in Biology and got an A.

BTW if we are going to outlaw anything that puts others at risk, stop driving cars period, stop all airplanes, close all beaches, close all swimming pools, never breath near another human being.

Last edited by Rapids 77-78,

For those who wanna argue religion should be exempt from these gathering restrictions. Let us quote the bible:

Romans 13:1-2 New International Version (NIV)Submission to Governing Authorities

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

Sooo.... if you're a good Christain.. follow your bible and STAY HOME.

Jeff & Walt, my apologies if this breaks any site rules, if it does please remove my post

Last edited by WolfBobs,

MaverickLaunch said:

Where did you go to medical school? What is your specialty?

Because thousands of doctors all over the country are prescribing it (in an era where doctors have become increasingly reluctant to prescribe antibiotics). Maybe they know something you don't?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/04/13/how-false-hope-spread-about-hydroxychloroquine-its-consequences/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/health/chloroquine-coronavirus-trump.html

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200407/side-effects-halt-use-of-chloroquine-vs-covid-19

Facts are there is no APPROVED treatment for COVID-19, there are hopes and trials, but no approved treatment.

It's not as effective as Trump (who has financial interest in the drug) makes it out to be.. especially some serious side effects halting a lot of it's usage.

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/video/4505699-dr-oz-hears-from-french-virologist-dr-didier-raoult-with-the-latest-on-hydroxychloroquine-as-a-treatment-for-covid-19/

The French President went to visit him a few days ago to discuss his results. Is he wasting his time too? China, South Korea and Hong Kong have been using the treatment. Lookup their current numbers. India has stopped export of the drug and is keeping it for themselves. Are they chasing a dream? Dr. Vladimir Zelenko has treated nearly a thousand patients in New York(!) with astounding results. Google his discussion with Rudy Giuliani.

I think we have gotten off topic. Cedar Point, and most all of the Cedar Fair parks, must open and get customers soon if they are to survive. Practical risk mitigation steps (the topic of this thread) are needed, but the risk will never be zero. Real data, not computer models (which have wrong even to this day) is starting to show that the cure (shutdown) is worse than the disease - by far.

Finally, look up the concept of herd immunity. Many experts have expressed ideas on this.

Rapids 77-78 said:

To say there is no effective treatment and that saying so is pure optimism is not a correct statement. Hydroxychloroquine, often combined with z-pack and a zinc supplement, has been endorsed by thousands of doctors worldwide who have used it to successfully treat covid patients.

No, this is not true. Not even a little. Furthermore, there has been no peer reviewed research. Antibiotics do not kill viruses, they kill bacteria.

You don't know how to tell the difference from fact and fiction, and as such, should stop posting this stuff as fact. In fact, if you do, I'm just going to delete it.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

First amendment rights do not carry over to Pointbuzz!

Nobody said z-pac kills the virus, at least that's not what I've heard. It helps mitigate secondary infections.

This isn't public square, it's the part of the Internet I pay for. You don't have any rights here. Civics 101.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Rapids 77-78 said:

.... I am in my 60's and visited my daughter's family for Easter. Zero risk - no. Less risky than the drive there - yes. They have been "confined" for a month (in Florida, we have been at this for a month) show no signs of illness. Just like the people on your block, I considered my risk vs. reward and went to celebrate Easter.....

Thanks for proving my original point about my comments of the "boomer generation" being the ALL ABOUT ME generation. Well done. These visits and gatherings of people at Holidays (during a pandemic) and things that "I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GO WITHOUT" are the ideas and elements that are keeping this virus spreading. To the rest of you staying home, thanks for doing your part.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

What about those Spring Breakers that went to the beaches and partied in Florida and said "if I get sick, I get sick"? I think they are more to blame than the boomers.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Jeff said:

This isn't public square, it's the part of the Internet I pay for. You don't have any rights here. Civics 101.

At least you’re being honest about the fact that this is a censored debate. I do appreciate that.

And I’ll leave you and DJ a NYT reporting error which I know he won’t read till he’s working tomorrow (he lectures about morals endlessly but mostly posts on this site while he’s being paid to work).

Jan 12 the NYT stated there was “NO EVIDENCE” of person to person transmissibility of the coronavirus. This is not true. There was plenty of evidence of this, which they could have uncovered had they been actually investigating that instead of reporting 24/7 on the impeachment BS.

There’s dozens more but frankly I don’t think it matters. You guys have your minds made up that they are the source and norm of all things journalism.

What was DJT saying at the time?

Not sure but there were zero cases in the US at that time. And on Jan 31 he banned travel from china. I think there were only 7 cases at the time. Yet in late feb, Pelosi was encouraging her constituents to flood SF for a celebration and parade.

How is 450,000 a ban on travel?

Cargo Shorts said:

How is 450,000 a ban on travel?

I’ll assuming you’re having something tasty to drink since that comment makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah, this rewriting of history is a little silly. The first US case was found in the Seattle suburbs on 1/19. 430,000 people traveled to the US from China from 12/31 on, 40,000 of them after the "ban" on 1/31. The whole "look at me, I did something!" narrative is nonsense. There is a well established timeline beginning late last year of federal officials saying, "This is gonna be bad," and the feds did nothing. The travel ban at best deserves a participation trophy.

MaverickLaunch said:

To tell me that I cannot go visit my parents when I have not been out of the house (nor have any of my family) is insane, illegal, immoral, and unconstitutional. Not allowing people to drive to church and stay in their cars with the window up (Kentucky) is an even more absurd violation of constitutional rights.

You do understand America, and the world, is facing an unprecedented crisis,right?

If you go to visit your parents, then by definition you have left your house. And how do we know that either of your parents have been exposed to the virus?

You can't yell "fire" in a crowded theatre. Constutional rights are not absolute. It seems to me, in the face of this crisis, it's better to err on the side of caution.

Last edited by noggin,

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service