Gold Pass Justification 2.0

With the COVID 19 "China" Coronavirus in play, the 150th Cedar Point Anniversary "Gold Pass" sales in 2019 are a major, super major target strike for Cedar Fair.

Let's face it, the "Gold Pass" is "GOLDEN" for Cedar Point and Cedar Fair, especially for 2020 with the Cornavirus in play. A large number of people purchased season passes that never before purchased season passes. With the virus, many of those people would never purchase a ticket to go to Cedar Point for 2020.

No new coaster for 2020, a pandemic virus, -zero- and I mean -zero- revenue from schools, a governor who is very cautious disseminating worst case scenarios {As He Should} makes the "GOLDEN PASS" for Cedar Point it's savior for 2020.

I wonder how many people today purchased tickets, season passes, booked hotel rooms or anything Cedar Point related today compared to 1 year ago today.

-Zero- compared to something.

Jason McClure stuck his neck out last year and introduced the "Gold Pass", his decision and his decision alone and with all that has transpired since then could be the saving grace for Cedar Fair this year.

The "Gold Pass" was a super huge success for the park, it brought in a lot of money and as soon as the dust settles with the COVID 19 "China" Cornavirus, pass holders will return to the parks.

The GP will stay away at first, enthusiast coaster zombies like myself will be there from the get go, but come mid July onward the park will start to show more life, then get slammed.

Oh yes, the decision to introduce the "Gold Pass" to Cedar Point for 2020 could be the saving grace for the "New Coaster" coming in 2021, 200' foot {Cough Cough} GCI coming to an amusement park near you, {Cough Cough}!

If it saves the 2021 coaster from getting shelved, then we sicko zombie like enthusiasts owe Jason McClure a great deal of gratitude.

Thanks Jason.

I don't understand what this is supposed to be.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Cedar Point makes projections and plans according to previous sales. If they didn't sell Gold Passes like hot cakes, maybe the park would be "hurting" financially and wouldn't be able to make the upgrades originally planned for 2021. I don't know that Gold Pass sales will be enough to satisfy higher management but it is certainly better than nothing

Huh?

This off-season is gonna be extra long and extra ridiculous, I'm afraid.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Sorry to say, I think amusement parks are in a world of hurt for the 2020 season.

Yes, I agree with what Jeff said, this off season is extra long and extra ridiculous.

The {cough cough} thing, though....

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service