Cedar Point to host FREE pre opening weekend!

What a cool homage to the park’s history!

Just here for the complaints...

What? No Steel Vengeance for Platinum pass nights? Free isn't good enough, they should pay me to attend!

(Didn't want to let Cartwright down)

Hopefully they offer an exclusive tour of the miracle that is the FF bridge.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Honestly I love what Cedar Point is doing given the 150th anniversary is coming up.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Even though you got screwed over with sailing charters again? :)

Is that gonna be a meme on this site?

But yeah, I love it despite the lack of sailing charters.

I'd rather be sailing

operative_me said:

What? No Steel Vengeance for Platinum pass nights?

May 23rd & Sept 6th are Steel Vengeance and Maverick...

I hope they have extra security for Early Entry. Not having access to Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Magnum, or Maverick is gonna piss off a lot of Gold Passholes.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/tickets-passes/season-passes/early-entry-golden-entry

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

I meant for the preview nights, and it was in jest. Sorry for the lack of clarification.

Anybody know if the free weekend is going to have free parking too ?

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Am I the only one that hears "Free Weekend at Cedar Point" and would prefer to cut the lawn with scissors?

Well, it’s limited attendance, RSVP only, so it likely won’t be bad.

To me this is a great way to get non riders/grandparents/etc to have a chance to enjoy the park and for folks like us to have a bonus preseason day to enjoy being there. That the rides in the front half of the park will be open is even better!

Is it too late to send in my RSVP? This sounds like a great deal! ;-)

Last edited by Rusty,

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Sadly, I think it's too late to expect this event to still be on as scheduled.

I feel for the park with all of the 150th hype for so many months. I really hope they can salvage part of the summer season. I'm still optimistic for a June opening, but I also don't know if that's me just trying to convince myself it's not as bad as it is.

Those who are local to the Sandusky area will be familiar with the geography. Those who aren't: the simple explanation is that a short section of Columbus Avenue just south of the Sandusky line was closed today for construction of a new bridge over Pipe Creek. Early reports that announced this closure a few weeks ago projected that it would be closed until mid July and it will result in a few commuting headaches for those who travel that span regularly.

I have an informal bet with my wife as to which will open up first: Columbus Avenue or Cedar Point. I hope I am wrong, but I kinda put my pretend money on Columbus Ave.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

So you are trying to tell us our island bridge got commandeered?

Yeah, kinda.

I'd rather be sailing

Rusty said:

I have an informal bet with my wife as to which will open up first: Columbus Avenue or Cedar Point. I hope I am wrong, but I kinda put my pretend money on Columbus Ave.

So I guess I lost this bet... Good thing for me it was just pretend money - otherwise, I'd have to borrow money from my wife in order to pay up. That or come up with a pretty solid double or nothing proposition.

Rusty said:

otherwise, I'd have to borrow money from my wife in order to pay up. That or come up with a pretty solid double or nothing proposition.

That's the statement of a man who has pretend gambling problems. ;-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service