Lighthouse Point patio/cabana area

While staying at Lighthouse Point point this past summer and observing the cabins that directly abut CP shores, I thought of an idea.

What if they opened the fence directly behind each cabin and built a "patio / cabana" area. They could charge a premium for those cabins as they would give you your own access and lounge area to enjoy the waterpark right on your "property". Vegas has something a bit similar at the Linq hotel. Several rooms that open to the pool deck with their own TVs and direct room access.

I thought it would be a cool idea especially because you can relax and entertain without having to lug your stuff back and fourth thru the gate and hunt for beach chairs.

What do you all think?

There is about 1/3 mile of beach not utilized behind Cedar Point Shores, more than likely the most expensive piece of Lake Erie shoreline, and Cedar Point does nothing with it.

If I was a major shareholder and knew this, I would be super irate because of the potential. Whatever done there could only add to the value and overall experience in staying on property.

Apparently you haven't been to Lighthouse Point in May or September. The usefulness of that as a functional waterfront is limited to July and August, and even then, people aren't going to be hanging out there to party on the beach with an amusement park and water park there.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Consider me in the minority then. But, that could also be because I don’t go to CP anymore to ride ride ride. I go there to relax and take it all in.

Jeff a bit confused by your statement. Is it your position no one is going to use the beach in general or just that particular section of beach? Because we have made 2 beach exclusive trips this past season and there were lots of other people using the beach as well. Both parks were open.

Just Coasting said:

There is about 1/3 mile of beach not utilized behind Cedar Point Shores, more than likely the most expensive piece of Lake Erie shoreline, and Cedar Point does nothing with it.

If I was a major shareholder and knew this, I would be super irate because of the potential. Whatever done there could only add to the value and overall experience in staying on property.

I have this weird feeling you are some sort of comedian, and you are an expert troll. Because if I were to take what you write at face value, I'd have aneurysm.

Last edited by operative_me,

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Cargo Shorts said:

Is it your position no one is going to use the beach in general or just that particular section of beach?

Neither. I'm saying no one is going to hang out at the cottage all day on Lake Erie, and you doing it is an anecdote. Furthermore, there's a reason that they've got rocks there and not a beach, because the erosion from passing boat wake would be pretty serious. Also, I'm sure the park does not want a no-lifeguard stretch of beach there.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I thought CP dropped lifeguards on the beach and the pools. I may be wrong. No matter.
I’ve walked along the shoreline (was I drunk? Maybe...) about as far as I could go toward Lighthouse Point. Or at the time, Sandcastle, I guess. The beach that direction was pretty crappy. Rocky, fishy, all that. Not that I couldn’t be cleaned up a little, but I’d agree there’s not much point.

Haha sooooo I take it no one has comments about my post topic?

The Linq cabana rooms are only a good idea on paper; since the pool they surround is one of the only ones in the entire valley that is both free & open to the public (like the CP beach), its a daylong parade of humanity and bad DJing five feet from your bed. This is why they are the most expensive rooms on property to pay for yet Caesars always comps them before anything else.

Now, a day cabana opportunity on the beach in its own separate area with drink service, restrooms and some programming/music would be a better idea; more in line with the day club vibe at The Cosmo or Top Golf.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

We camped along the fence to the water park many years ago before the cabins were built in that location. The old campsites didn't have water hookup and that area flash flooded really bad. Your idea would make sense if there weren't 3 months of the operating season that the water park wasn't opened. How would they limit your access to the waterpark on days they rented those units if you can just walk out your back door into a closed waterpark.

Dispatch Master said:

Haha sooooo I take it no one has comments about my post topic?

My head started to hurt after about 5 posts, because I think (thanks, JustCoasting) people started to talk about a few different things at once.

1) The original post was a question about turning the cabins that line the perimeter of CP Shores into premium ones (hence, removing the fence that separates them from the waterpark) as those cabins would have direct walk-in-from-your-patio to the waterpark.

2) Then JustCoasting randomly mentioned something about 600 yards of beach the park doesn't use. I can only assume he means the former Sandcastle Suite land completely unrelated to anything mentioned in the original post.

3) I think Jeff responded with the waterfront behind the cottages in mind. Which is, as he mentioned, giant rocks...for a good reason (the passing ships).

4) Then Cargo Shorts mentioned using the beach.

5) Operative Me had an aneurysm

6) RCMAC got drunk on the beach ;)

7) And then someone finally answered the original post.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

A nice long walk on the boardwalk and beach after a couple of drinks with a lake breeze hitting my face is one of my favorite activities at CP.

I don't drink, but I love walking the length of the boardwalk, especially at night. Beautiful!

Dispatch Master said:

While staying at Lighthouse Point point this past summer and observing the cabins that directly abut CP shores, I thought of an idea.

What if they opened the fence directly behind each cabin and built a "patio / cabana" area. They could charge a premium for those cabins as they would give you your own access and lounge area to enjoy the waterpark right on your "property". Vegas has something a bit similar at the Linq hotel. Several rooms that open to the pool deck with their own TVs and direct room access.

I thought it would be a cool idea especially because you can relax and entertain without having to lug your stuff back and fourth thru the gate and hunt for beach chairs.

What do you all think?

Sounds great! I missed the part where you explain how CP keeps Bob Smith from renting one of these cabins and hosting “The Great 2020 Smith - Johnson - Whitburn - Williams Family Reunion” with 100 of their closest relatives from entering CP Shore free of charge, carrying any contraband they like into the water park.

Jeff said:

Apparently you haven't been to Lighthouse Point in May or September. The usefulness of that as a functional waterfront is limited to July and August, and even then, people aren't going to be hanging out there to party on the beach with an amusement park and water park there.

Yes I was there in May and September, it can be functional for the park in June, July, August and September. I agree with you that May and October would be a wash, but 3 if not 4 of the month's could add to the value of the park.

Could you imagine getting a cottage with lake front beach access, wow that would be stellar. Have all day rental access to a jet ski.

Oh by the way I walked the beach closing day when nothing was open until 4:00 due to inclement weather conditions, enjoying everything Cedar Point has to offer. Yes, I believe that your not going to get many rentals during May and October, but the other month's would be stellar. Put-N Bay seems to be doing just fine, that stretch of beach would do the same.

They're would be a fence that juts into the waterpark surrounding your "patio" area that is on cps property and the fence could simply be locked out when the cabin isn't rented or the waterpark is closed.

Yea I totally understand, just using them as a scale comparison as I couldn't think of any other way to describe what I was speaking of.

But as a longtime Vegas visitor I understand what you're saying.

LMAO! You are seriously the greatest!

And also totally saw as I did what happened here 😁

Just as they do (or are supposed to) at HB, provide Bob with a set number of wristbands per the registered guests in the cabin. And as far as contraband, police it the same way the do any other guest at the waterpark, just keep a casual eye out.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service