Winter Chill Out Tickets

The e-mails were only sent to the people that actually made the purchase. If a spouse, buddy, friend, family bought the tickets...they prob received the information. I did have to forward the e-mail to my daughter,

My sister bought our tickets but hasn't received an email, at least not yet.

This is my first time going to the WCO. It's been something I've wanted to go to for years but haven't had the chance. I have the 11am time. What should I expect? I've tried finding info on the tour schedules, lunch, presentation, etc. But I can't find much.

I bought our tickets. I'll call the park tomorrow.

Walt - will you be doing a summary later in the day again for those of us that aren't able to go to WCO? I know you hold off until later in the day to not spoil anything but there are always nuggets the park does not reveal until WCO over the last few years like the ride relocations a few years ago for Valravyn. Thanks.

Yep!

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I’ll be taking lots of photos to try and utilize my A7iii to the fullest. I hope it’s a nice day with decent lighting.

No live blog this year, but I’ll probably post some stuff on Facebook and Instagram as we go. Full report after.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Does anyone have any specific picture requests? My daughter and I will be in the 12:30 group.

For wco can we use etickets or will we have to print them out?

I’ll also be in the 12:30 group!

This was my very first Winter Chill Out and I had a really awesome time. My boyfriend and I arrived around 12:15pm for the 12:30pm group. They processed us through and we started making our way around the park. It was really exciting seeing the coaster cars off the track and in person. Cars for Millennium Force, Dragster, and Maverick were scattered around the park and we got a chance to get right next to them. I was sure not to get in them...figured that was off limits.

Seeing the coaster maintenance facility was awesome. We got to see tracks from Gemini, Blue Streak, and Mine Ride. The engineers were pretty nice and seemed to enjoy talking about the different rides. Similarly, at the end, we drove to the location where they work on the coaster cars. I'd not seen Steel Vengeance's cars and those suckers look great. Once again, the engineers were incredibly friendly, even though we were the last group to go through the facility.

Some other highlights were going into Maverick's tunnel, which is giant! When you're riding, it feels like you're in a slightly larger shed, but walking around, you realize just how big the space is. My boyfriend found a lot of coins...not sure what's up with that. Originally, we were going to skip the sign shop, but I'm so glad we didn't. We got to see signs, models, and lighting from the old days at Cedar Point. I started going to CP back in the early 90s so seeing some of those signs was nostalgic to say the least. It was also very cool to see Tony Clark in person! He's a pretty funny dude. During the presentation, a young lady won a Ticket of a Lifetime...I wish it had been me :-(

Overall, I really enjoyed Winter Chill Out. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was a good time. I do wish it were more of a guided tour in each section. We could still be free to roam the park, but once we get to a station, someone tells us about all the things inside.

This was our first Winter Chill Out and I can say we will be back! We got the 12.30 slot, and will be looking for an earlier slot in 2021 - we ran out of time!. Great cause, and having Eerie Manor open was the cherry on the Sundae!

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

This was actually my second WCO, and I'm definitly coming back. This time I was in the 11:00 slot. Also, TMAN264, I love your signature.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Skyhawk06 said:

This was actually my second WCO, and I'm definitly coming back. This time I was in the 11:00 slot. Also, TMAN264, I love your signature.

Thanks. SV kicks my butt, but I still go for it - albeit very slowly.

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service