Opening Day, Saturday May 9th, 2020

What Gives?

https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/cedar-point-calendar-and-hours

Please explain why there is no early entry or Golden Entry on opening day, Saturday, May 9th, 2020?

Last edited by Just Coasting,

My take is they are planning on having a big opening day celebration and want everyone to partake.

No, it’s because they want the opening day complaints to start right now.

🤦‍♂️

Opening day speeches and welcoming, likely even more with the 150th.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I can taste the free cake right now......

Delicious!

XS NightClub said:

Opening day speeches and welcoming, likely even more with the 150th.

Also, would not be surprised if only the main gate is available at 10am opening.

^I would be very surprised if that were the case. The idea of getting all of your resort guests to take the bus around the peninsula is a major inconvenience. I could see them doing something at the main gate from 9 to 10, but I certainly expect that all gates would be open for the normal entry time.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Dvo said:

^I would be very surprised if that were the case. The idea of getting all of your resort guests to take the bus around the peninsula is a major inconvenience. I could see them doing something at the main gate from 9 to 10, but I certainly expect that all gates would be open for the normal entry time.

Opening week of May will have slim bookings, so won't really be " all of your resort guests to take buses" . Breakers to the main gate is a 5 mins walk. Anyone booked at other CP properties already has to drive, so no issue with closing other gates. No early entry means they are doing something & it becomes moot if many people go to other gates to avoid it, which they will to stampede to Steel Vengeance from resort gate.

Aren't you forgetting about the new for 2020 paddlewheel ride?

Do you really think the stampede will be to a three year old ride that rarely opens on time?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Is the paddlewheel ride even going to be open on opening day? Is it going to run everyday or will it just run between Memorial Day and Labor Day like FF? I never seen anything saying any such info but I was just wondering if it might be a summer only attraction.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

XS NightClub said:

Aren't you forgetting about the new for 2020 paddlewheel ride?

Do you really think the stampede will be to a three year old ride that rarely opens on time?

This post is hopefully a joke.

In all the years I have been going to Cedar Point, I can't remember a time when all gates weren't open to all guests during normal operating hours. Its common for them to restrict access to certain gates for special events (coastermania, et. al.), but not during normal operating hours.

^Exactly. Closing some of the gates during normal admission time inherently goes against the park being "open," or at least based on many years of precedence.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

And there certainly would not be an issue of no one showing up to see whatever is going on at the main gate. On any given day, the crowd at he main gate dwarfs the resort gate (and others). Heck, if we were at Breakers that day I would probably wander down there just to see what was up.

Promoter of fog.

Just Coasting said:

What Gives?

https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/cedar-point-calendar-and-hours

Please explain why there is no early entry or Golden Entry on opening day, Saturday, May 9th, 2020?

Don’t you bitch every year that “nothing” is ready for Early Entry on Opening Day? This removes that expectation and hopefully will result in a more operational park without trying to get stuff open an hour early on the first day.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service