Celebrate 150 Spectacular

The Celebrate 150 Spectacular begins with a dozen illuminating floats and culminates into an epic street party at the park’s Celebration Plaza.

Get the full details on this and all of today's announcements at https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/150th-anniversary-announcement

Photo courtesy Cedar Point

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I am VERY interested to see how this all comes together. I wonder if the floats will be done by Kern Studios since they did the floats for Grand Carnivale and the WinterFest Wonderland Parade at Carowinds.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

This looks very cool! I do find it a little interesting that the renderings don't show Sky Ride or midway ladnscaping in front of the coliseum. I understand that these aren't trypically drawn to scale, but the roller coaster float still looks huge. It almost looks too tall to clear the Sky Ride cars. I'm excited to see how it all plays out.

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

You know that Sky Ride and the landscape beds run down the middle, right?

Interesting for sure, still love the 2021 500 foot coaster poster in the background during the entire broadcast...at least the employees have humor..,.

Skyhawk, if you look closely it appears you will at least get some sailboat floats.

^I saw that. Of all the things announced, I think this is what i'm most excited for since they didn't mention sailing charters.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

If they take out the Sky Ride and the landscaping beds I am going to get very angry indeed.

The scale of this rendering is horrible. The midways, if they leave the Sky Ride and flower beds (which I agree would be horrible to remove), aren’t nearly wide enough for the scope of those floats as presented with three ramps wide enough for live skaters along with sidelines of spectators.

To under promise and over deliver is a sure recipe for success, vice versa is not so sure fire.

I am hoping this finally gets rid of the leftover Christmas lights adorning the main midway from the old frontier town nighttime display.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

It's going to be interesting to see how The French Confection does. I think CP is trying to go a little "Main Street at the Magic Kingdom" but I'm not sure families who come to the park to ride the Raptor and eat as cheap as possible are going to be that interested in authentic, expensive French pastries.

There is nothing inherently more expensive in a beignet than a Krispy Kreme doughnut. However like everything else at CP, they will likely be expensive,

I can't wait to get one in my mouth, I don't care how hot it is outside. XD

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Sweet spot always seemed to do well (we certainly made a stop there every visit), and as Cargo Shorts points out, the margin on this kind of stuff is relatively high.

Brandon

Beignet batter typically is less sweet than a doughnut but who here wouldn’t be shocked if CP just used funnel cake batter and called it a day?

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service