Cedar Point 2020 Events

https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events

The events page has been updated with the 2020 events and dates including CoasterMania! (June 5), Frontier Festival (June 5-28) and HalloWeekends (Sept. 18-Nov. 1).

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Full 2020 operating calendar is up

https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/cedar-point-calendar-and-hours

Last edited by CED23,

Has the term "Golden Entry" appeared before elsewhere? It appears to be the official name of the Gold Pass early entry.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

The operating days were available before last week through the reservations system.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

No Early Entry on Opening Day.

I wonder if there will be some kind of ceremony/dedication at the main entrance at 10am.

(Or maybe they realized that they never have anything open for EE on Opening Day ;) )

Go to OSU day the day before opening day.
Passes don’t work, but it’s a fun day

Was hoping they would go back to the 12 am closings during Cedar Point Nights through the week, and not just the weekend like they did this season.

Winter Chill Out tickets go on sale 12/6/19.

CoasterMania! tickets go on sale 4/1/20.

ROUNDABOUND.

They probably won't, but it'd be nice if they reformatted the Frontier Festival to be a little closer to the old Brew and BBQ. The extra craft booths and stuff as well as the Prayers From Maria connection were nice, but the portions of everything shrunk and the beer sampling selection did too.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Brew and BBQ was awesome.
Frontier festival is another situation where CP took a great thing and got greedy and decided to do it themselves, which like the Berardis fries, chick-fil-a, etc... they ultimately fail at horribly.

If Melt ever really took off in the park, which appears unlikely, there’s no doubt that they’d try and do their own version of Melt when the contract expired and it would end up the same as their other CP ‘original’ offerings.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

A friend who works for Melt tells me they have already left CP. Seems unlikely to me, but he reports Melt allows the name and concept but nobody from Melt is operating or overseeing the CP store.

Makes sense. Making grilled cheese is not exactly a difficult thing to do. But I suspect Cedar Point will figure out a way to screw it up. Maybe they should rename it to Burnt

Last edited by Shades,

I don’t know why Melt wouldn’t take off at CP... When we are there during HalloWeekends 2018, it was one of the best meals I’ve had at CP. Pricey? Sure. But we really enjoyed it.

ROUNDABOUND.

I’ve never gotten the appeal of any of the newfangled grilled cheese joints - and I have tried several. They all seem to have 2 things in common:
- Too much bread
- Too little sandwich contents

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

And they would have gotten away with it, if it weren’t for you and those meddling kids.

I mean I'd say they need to use more than texas toast. Why not sourdough bread?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

JohnMosesBrowning said:

I’ve never gotten the appeal of any of the newfangled grilled cheese joints - and I have tried several. They all seem to have 2 things in common:
- Too much bread
- Too little sandwich contents

Finally, something we can agree on!

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

XS NightClub said:

Brew and BBQ was awesome.
Frontier festival is another situation where .

Amen. Although having married a Berardi, I may be slightly biased.

EDIT: Hmm... don't know what happened there. I tried to emphasize your reference to CP ruining the Berardi fries and it somehow deleted those portions of your original comment instead...

Last edited by Rusty,

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service