Lake Erie

If the water is up to the wheel wells on the cars, then the wheels might not be on right.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Clearly, those vehicles belong to maintenance staff.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

jimmyburke said:

Steve, I'm not certain, but I believe Just Coasting meant the wind coming from west to east.

That may be so but with Just Coasting's logic on things, I couldn't be certain.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Hopefully it will get under control soon.
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Same here. While I doubt something as catastrophic as Six Flags New Orleans could happen here (if only because of the differences in water- saltwater is far more damaging than fresh lake water due to its corrosive properties) the very idea makes me sad.

I've never been to New Orleans in my life, and every time I see pictures of SFNO it makes my heart hurt a bit to see all those rides and coasters that'll likely never see use again. I wouldn't want even a fraction of that damage to happen at CP.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Sollybeast said:
Same here. While I doubt something as catastrophic as Six Flags New Orleans could happen here (if only because of the differences in water- saltwater is far more damaging than fresh lake water due to its corrosive properties) the very idea makes me sad.

I've never been to New Orleans in my life, and every time I see pictures of SFNO it makes my heart hurt a bit to see all those rides and coasters that'll likely never see use again. I wouldn't want even a fraction of that damage to happen at CP.

I wouldn’t want that either.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

I drove the Chaussee yesterday with no problems. The road is a little beat up but not too bad. Although my opinion may be based on the fact that I have to drive on Cleveland roads all the time.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

The Chausee was already in pretty bad condition last year.

operative_me said:
...based on the fact that I have to drive on Northeast Ohio roads all the time.

Fixed that for you. 😆

Last edited by kylepark,

If your coming to CP today, bring your waders or a boat. Never seen the water so high. I think the marina staff are now setting no wake buoys in the parking lot today. Blue Streak’ I field is flooded. The NE wind isn’t doing us any favors today

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Wow! Do you have any pictures?

Thanks! Almost hard to believe. Never underestimate Lake Erie!

LOL Hey those are my pictures from my Facebook post yesterday.

Get ready for more of the same next year. Army Corps of Engineers is predicting water levels either the same or higher for 2020.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/10/11/great-lakes-water-levels-even-higher-2020/3941750002/

-Craig

^ Well that explains next year's new river expedition ride. It'll replace those shuttles we've had such a debate on recently, hah.

“Cedar Point the Venice of Ohio”

Cedar Point should get Scuba diving by 2021 if we're going by current measurements.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Should’ve kept the dolphins.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Ugh, I waited forever for the new CP water taxi. They should have better scheduling. (Future 2020 post)

-Craig

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service