One Train OPS - Literally

Isn’t the train the most expensive ride in the park to operate? I seem to remember hearing that in one of those old Discovery Channel specials. That’s probably your answer right there.

I’m happy to report they are running 2 trains today. This should put this discussion to rest

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

To the OP, even better than complaining on these forums is something called the "power of the pen". (or email in current day terms). I've written / emailed the park numerous times over the last 40 years to not only recommend how things could be improved but also to compliment them when things are going well. **On the main page of cedarpoint.com you can scroll down to the lower right hand corner of your screen. Click "contact us" and fill out a form to voice your concerns. They have responded to every email that I've filled out including closed bathrooms, outdated looking facades, blocked views, areas needing paint, etc. That might be your best best in the future. Good luck.

CPfan1976 said:

blocked views...

You’re personally responsible for Gatekeeper?! ;)

Last edited by CPVet,

It's not the most expensive ride in the park from either a operations or maintenance standpoint, nor is it the least expensive. As far as the number of riders it handles a season, it does quite well compared to the labor and maintenance expenses, always has been. cple_engineer has a better grasp on this, he has been working there coming up two decades pretty soon.

CPVet said:

You’re personally responsible for Gatekeeper?! ;)

I would have said the ugly yellow thing on the beach.

Yes, 2 train operation today.

Had a lengthy talk with a couple of the train engineers and they seemed relieved that they finally were able to operate 2 trains.

Both Myron and Judy K were running efficiently.

Today? Was it a Make Just Coasting Whole Again private event?

They are running George today for the first time all season. Always a great to see when George is running and a must ride.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

No, I was actually made whole when they ran George R on Sunday.

First time all season, nice to see the youngest steam engine in action.

The train engineers stated that if it ran good, they were planning on running the train on Sundays until the end of the season.

I rode the train yesterday (I actually didn’t know it was George until I stepped off). But wow, that thing has a beautiful whistle!

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

George R is the last locomotive on the roster that still has it's original riveted boiler. The other three have relatively new welded replacement boilers, It's also the heaviest of the four.

Dutchman said:
George R is the last locomotive on the roster that still has it's original riveted boiler. The other three have relatively new welded replacement boilers, It's also the heaviest of the four.

That’s good, you know your stuff. You must be a fellow CP & LE employee.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Let's just say I remember running three train days and having six operable locomotives on the roster.....

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service