Six Flags makes an offer to purchase Cedar Fair?

Just Coasting said:

If you think I complain now, just wait if Six Flags takes ownership of this park.

Just out of sheer curiosity, what would it take for you not to complain? I feel like one day CEO God and CFO Jesus will open a theme park called "Heaven Point" and you'll still bitch that they don't know what they're doing.

XS, well the restroom situation might improve drastically. At least from my experiences at SFSTL 2000-2015 when I was going 2X a week they were immaculately cleaned and had AC except for maybe the water park.

I shudder to think about the Snicker’s Gatekeeper, Superman Man of Steel Vengeance, M&Ms Millennium Force and Got2B hair gel ads all over the place.

Why would you bring God and Jesus into this.

You just ridiculed someone's religion and I take great offense to that.

I feel like one day CEO God and CFO Jesus will open a theme park called "Heaven Point" and you'll still bitch that they don't know what they're doing.

Lol! What if you’re a pastafarian? I think THEN spaghetti God and spaghetti Jesus would work WONDERS for the park(s).

The SF/CF thing.. well. Money talks and if the prices are right.... Six Flag’s over Sandusky isn’t such a far stretch.

Tilt-a-Whirl said:

Many are now claiming “merger” which would lead to a totally different discussion. Their CEO is about to retire, so merging the chains and maintaining headquarters in Sandusky with Zimmerman and team in charge and Texas as a satellite corporate office with a mix of Six Flags talent is what I would hope for- but again- not really liking any of this discussion.

You do realize that Zimmerman operates out of the Carowinds offices, the former HQ for Paramount Parks.

This is also interesting in that the Six Flags CEO is retiring in February, so perhaps Zimmerman has grand ideas to be CEO of the combined parks.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Really don't want Six Flags owning Cedar Point or Kings Island. Cedar Fair owning Six Flags would be fine with me so long as the Loony Toons branding didn't spread through to the Cedar Fair parks I like my Snoopy. The nearest Six Flags park is far enough away from me though that being able to visit with a platinum pass would be useless for me. I would really prefer they stay separate.

Just contacted the Sandusky Register, they will have a story in tomorrow’s paper and online.
So far, as others have stated, neither company is commenting.

I guess someone read my April Fool's Day post literally.

That said, I wish this was April 1st.

I'll be back to check on any updates after I throw up.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Cedar Fair needs to tell Six Flags to piss off.

Last edited by PyroKinesis09,

Question: How would this affect season passes purchased this year for 2020? I purchased a Platinum Pass for Cedar Fair, not Six Flags. I do not care for Six Flags. While the idea of the Platinum Pass being good for Six Flags over Texas (we travel to Dallas a couple times a year) is slightly appealing, I would not likely want to keep the pass. Especially with the Six Flags passholders descending on Six Flags over Lake Erie.

Just a thought...I know this is probably on page 3 of the list of concerns.

Last edited by Bozman,

This would be terrible for everyone! I sincerely hope this never ever happens.

May The Millennium Force Be With You!

XS NightClub said:

You do realize that Zimmerman operates out of the Carowinds offices, the former HQ for Paramount Parks.

Your point?

What difference does it make where the CEO’s office is? The headquarters are Sandusky.

^^^"IF" this were to happen, and I for one don't believe for a second that it will, I assume that there would be some sort of consolidation effort where the new mega-company would give details as to what their paid-for membership or season pass gets them. And I imagine that anyone who has passes/memberships for both chains would probably get a refund for the cheaper of the two.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^^There would be no reason to keep multiple offices open, and obviously Sandusky would be the least attractive option.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

This is terrible news. Partially, at least for me, there's some not so good history with Six Flags and Ohio that makes me very nervous about this.

I do not care for advertisements all over the place, uncreative ride names and the "cheap" feel you get when walking into a Six Flags park. CF always felt more world class compared to Six Flags being the budget friendly option.

It's more interesting now with this news that CP introduced the Gold Pass a few months ago. Maybe there's more to the story and a reason why this pass is so (Six Flag-ish) cheap?

The question I have is would a sale/merger of SF & CF even be allowed?

Last edited by Buckeye122,

You guys mean you don't want Steel Vengeance's name changed to Jonah Hex's Western Whiplash?

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

I don’t think that I will ever understand how a ride name has any relevance at all as to how good the ride is or how I view a park.

I don't know about any of you here, but part of me thinks this approaching monopoly territory.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Monopolies are not illegal.

People who know nothing about monopolies other than the rules of the board game love throwing the word around.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service