Shuttles

MIchaelB for the win! There's no real issue to solve.

A monorail has been brought up before. It's worth noting Walt Disney World was designed to incorporate mass transit. Cedar Point was not. There's no place for the support structure to go, for I'd expect Cedar Fair would look at the many dollars that pour in to Sandusky because of the park, and Sandusky would be looking at the many dollars the city spends supporting the park (traffic management off point, increased police presence due to the number of visitors, etc), and they'd have a very difficult time finding common ground.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I agree that a monorail, while really cool and a great solution is not really feasible for many reasons. Most of which are not very difficult to overcome. The main headache would be a way to snake it from the main gate to breakers without disrupting too much of the existing park. They have been very adamant about cleaning up the views of the beach so I doubt they would plop a monorail down on it now.

So, in my opinion, it could easily be the best solution to solve this observed issue. I don't see the ROI justifying such a large project at this time.

Last edited by WolfBobs,

Alright! Now we're talking. My initial idea was apparently not creative enough as it merely attempted to reorganize the park's existing resources. If everyone is more comfortable talking about ideas requiring monorails and/or construction of additional lanes on perimeter road, I'm all for it! i would love to dream about the park's incorporation of a monorail. But, then I'm back to dreaming about a system that would attach the "mainland" to the "island/peninsula."

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/one-train-ops---literally

Combining the other thread with this wishlist
They have extra trains laying around, route the train to the mainland along the causeway maybe along perimeter rd., that would be infinitely less expensive then running a raised platform train with ADA accessible platforms all over the peninsula and buying Trams at 2-3 Million each, power substations, and track construction at reportedly 1 million a mile.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

As a former guest shuttle driver (at least once in a while) I'd be happy to haul employees too...if they tip well. I was always amazed by how many people chose to tip the guest shuttle driver. I don't tip the bus drivers at Disney.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

XS NightClub... close... but, the train would require a separate set of bridges with one drawbridge at the causeway "high-bridge" to allow for boat traffic. Normal train tracks have to be essentially flat (2% grade at most in almost all circumstances), so the tracks would have to run next to the road until the grade changed. So, with the expense of the bridges (and at least one operator) plus the environmental impact legal falderal for "reducing a wetland" (the area surrounding the causeway, this is really a thing!). It would get expensive quickly.

So, instead, let's raze SportsFarce and put all CP parkng there. Then monorails, boats, camel caravans, etc. to get the guests to and fro the park. Also ties into Sawmill to get those guests to the park.

Ta-Dah.

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

SportsFarce? Was that a typo or are you being sarcastic? Sports Force park is no joke. Sports tourism is the fastest growing segment of the tourism industry and the activity there is extending the tourism season both early spring and late fall; benefiting hoteliers throughout the area.

This was a big Ouimet win in my mind.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Urumqi said:
"mainland" to the "island/peninsula."

A) It's not an island.

B) Why put mainland in quotes?

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Turning Sandcastle into a gravel parking lot might not have been the worst idea in the world. Has anything come to fruition for the "permanent" future of that site?

Jason acknowledged it and said he can’t talk about that location...yet.

If the wait for a shuttle is too long you could always, you know, walk...

ROUNDABOUND.

Shane, you take that blasphemy back right now! You Monster!

noggin said:

Urumqi said:
"mainland" to the "island/peninsula."

A) It's not an island.

B) Why put mainland in quotes?

Because Cedar Point is not an island.

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

Shane Denmark said:

If the wait for a shuttle is too long you could always, you know, walk...

After knee surgery and two twelve week stints of physical therapy I depend on the shuttle to get me from the campground to the park so I can save my walking for the park itself.

Chris

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service