Attendance is crazy today 8-24-19

I could see buying a FL or FL+ next year, considering I already have the gold pass and admission would be out of the picture. So I'm sure others would see the value in that as well. Side note, we were at the park last Wednesday and just about every ride was down at some point. If that continues, I agree with waiting on the "next big attraction" some are hoping for. Get what you have right before you bring in another possible problem. SV didn't open until almost 1 and shut down 3 times. Maverick shut down twice for an hour both times. GK was down for an hour. TTD shut down 4 times. Valravn went down twice. Windseeker never opened, presumably because of winds. I understand that these are machines and require constant maintenance. And sometimes things happen that are out of their control. But it did seem excessive that day. I can't remember a visit with that much downtime.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

It was very windy Wednesday, gusts up to 27, heading NNE most of day. That’s why a lot of stuff was down.
On a side note: I was doing some work inside the Maverick gift shop using a pen from the ladies working there. A manager came in from the back talked to the ladies and asked how long the ride was down for, why and when might it be up.... the lady working the shop checked her screen; replied it’s been down for 12 minutes and it’s going back up now. Just then the ride started and guests cheered.
So it appears maintenance/controls sends the information to a computer there.
And here we’ve been asking the wrong employees all the time. It will be interesting to check this info next time a ride is down.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Gold pass must be having effect. Weather miserable with rain but park jam packed. Hoping for lower numbers tomorrow. Either way going to Fast Lane it. Youngest is now 48” and first visit. Crossing fingers that TTD up for older two kiddos.

^^ Great observation skills by XS Nightclub! The Lemon Chill Guy has been replaced by the Maverick Gift Shop Ladies. Even management gets info from them! Those ladies rock! I'll bet they even knew the timetable of the TTD part from Germany.

Yeah.....no that isn't how it works. The merch computers are not notified when the ride goes down or is back up lmao. Merch employees only get info when a ride op calls down to the shop or the shop calls a ride op. But the computer is not a part of it.

jimmyburke said:

^^ Great observation skills by XS Nightclub! The Lemon Chill Guy has been replaced by the Maverick Gift Shop Ladies. Even management gets info from them! Those ladies rock! I'll bet they even knew the timetable of the TTD part from Germany.

So, what happened to the Lemon Chill Guy? Is he dead now?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Never seen again, CF is serious about the penalties for violating NDAs...

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

The fact that I dreamed of the Lemon Chill Guy dying does not help this. XD But he wasn't killed for violating NDAs in the dream, he died a different way. Who else could be candidates to replace him?

I'd rather be sailing

Yesterday was the worst that I have seen as far as attendance goes. It was difficult just to walk around there. Everything had very long waits. I only rode 4 rides total yesterday and only did 1 haunt plus saw Midnight Syndicate, which I didn't think this years show was that great compared to previous years. Lines for food and drinks were also ridiculous. Used to be the first few weekends of Halloweekends were manageable, but I'll never be going on a Halloweekend Saturday again.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Perfect storm. Nice weather. 5k race. Longer Saturday hours. I avoid HW Saturdays (and the Columbus Day weekend) like the plague.

Shoot for Friday nights or Sundays next time. Much more enjoyable.

Not to mention it did rain quite a bit on Friday. The exception to the rules of some days being crowded is that if one day leaves the park mostly empty from rain, the next day will see a serious bump in attendance.

I'd rather be sailing

There was Point fest that day too. Too many super busy day predictors going on at the same time.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service