Attendance is crazy today 8-24-19

I don’t live in MI but I respect their Memorial Day - Labor Day thing. I’m 40 and even in elementary school we started the week before Labor Day, and the school year usually ended the 3-7 of June with the blizzard of 93 year till June 19th I think.

It’s 2019. No more snow days. Virtual class room via phone/ computer/ etc. stop the madness.

Was at Kennywood on the 25th and I have never, ever, seen the place so packed. Waited in line 45 minutes to “ride” the potato patch lol most perfect weather though enjoyed every second of it.

I am really sorry to hear about Pete. I hadn't met him in real life but I always enjoyed his posts and he seemed like such a laid back fun loving person. My deepest condolences.

I hadn't been around for a few years, illness and life got in the way, and we hadn't renewed our passes since '15. We heard about the new Gold Pass offerings and are going to get them and hopefully squeeze in some trips. And I thought I'd take a look around at the best Cedar Point website on the net. But so sorry to see this news about Pete.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Today there is hardly anyone here. Almost everything is walk on. MF and SV are down.

Edit: SV testing now at 1:10PM

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I saw Thabto's post around noon and got here around 3 after the rain cleared and he is right: the park is pretty dead. Definitely not Gold Pass-mageddon today.

Also have a feeling MF will open soon, maintenance has about 6 guys around the bottom of the lift, as seen from CPLERR.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

MF has reopened

Brian

I arrived at 2:20pm and walked right on Raptor and most other coasters. Blue Streak was closed as Tony C. was on the platform with a crowd for a photo shoot. Top Thrill was a walk-on. Unfortunately when we got back by Steel Vengeance it was a 2 hour wait.

I hopped in line for SV about 7:40 and got off around 8:05. I figured that was it but before I got to the RR crossing I saw the line still open so hopped on again. Nice way to end the night.

Last edited by operative_me,

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Nice. Hoping its deadsville tomorrow. I'll be getting some laps in.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I did 4 laps on SV today. 1 right when they opened it and jumped back in line since it was only 30 minutes at that point. Then I came back to SV around 7:15, only waited about 20 minutes, waited a few more minutes to try to be on the very last train of the night, and I did. While waiting for the line to close, I saw the attendant change the wait time to an hour, it was nowhere near that.

Brian

For what it's worth, I've read reports that attendance at Kings Island and Kennywood was crazy last weekend as well due to the weather being so nice.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

We came in the causeway at 3:30PM Saturday expecting to be in our room at the Breakers by 4 PM. This is out normal time to come in from Traverse City, MI. I was floored to be in an hour wait to get past the parking booths - I haven't been to CP on a busy Saturday in 30 years.

It was good to show my kids how busy it can be. SV was a 2.5 hour wait for them, and they rode a couple others before 10 PM closing.

I was disappointed I couldn't get my gold pass until next year ( the actual gold pass).

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

Groupon has CP tickets for $37 (with no $7 processing fee) and says 750+ sold today. Would expect another busy weekend folks.

"I was disappointed I couldn't get my gold pass until next year ( the actual gold pass)."

If you have your voucher that CP mailed to you when you bought the Gold Pass, you can present it to any ticket taker at the gate and they'll give you the Gold Pass card. You can do that right now, you don't have to wait until next year to get it.

CP is giving away the gate. Not much different from what KI has been doing for years, and also Six Flags.

I expect the idea behind this was get people in the door and they will spend money on food, games, resorts, etc. Probably a wise strategy, but is going to suck for people that are used to seeing lower crowds. I'm on the fence... but we are visiting for pointfest in a couple weeks so it makes total sense to get one if we are going to visit at all next year.

Are hair gel billboards and Jack Links ads over the sound system next?

I dunno... Giving away the gate doesn’t seem to be a wise strategy to me. Seems if they couldn’t afford admission before, they are t gonna magically have money for admission plus food to get the park to that “break even” point.

ROUNDABOUND.

^But giving away the gate will make the queues longer, which gets people that could afford admission before to buy FastLanes next year. And since FastLane pricing is dynamic, the prices go up as they sell more.

As a side note, they did 'sellout' of Fastlane last Saturday, so there is a finite number they will sell.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

^Add that to the list of things I hope I never see while I'm at the park. That's a sign that it's time to leave and do something else. That is, assuming the presumably horrible line on the causeway wasn't enough of a deterrent already.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Of course there is a finite number they sell. Working merch, when you go to cash control to pick up your cash bag, you are also given a separate bag with fast lane passes in it. I don't know about other locations, but at speed zone we were given 25 of each, and once those were gone, that was it. I don't know what the other locations get, but I would imagine that number wouldn't vary too much between locations.

25 each doesn't seem like that much. I'm not sure how many merch locations they have now that sell them, but even at 20 locations, that's only 500 fast pass pluses. I would assume they sell quite a bit more. I think on busy days there are 50-60k visitors if I remember correctly. I would assume they made about 5% or more available.

Another question Is how many people would buy them from you on average. Would you sell out quite often?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service