Frontier Lift

I miss the Frontier Lift.

The best part of the Frontier Lift for me was coming into Frontier Town and the steep decline over Cedar Creek Mine Ride running 5 trains, always hoping for the train to pass under {Albert} and a train to ascend onto the lift hill of Cedar Creek Mine Ride to happen at the same time.

What a view.

Don't forget the view of the old sternwheelers making the circle on the Western Cruise below you.

Crazy to think how Mine Ride had 5 trains.

You would have hit the trifecta if you had all three under your gondola at the same time.

I miss the scenic journey it provided over the treetops. Could hear the birds and the wind thru the leaves.

I worked that ride for a few days one year (they were short handed). Those cabins would come screaming into the Frontier Town stations. You had to throw your weight into it to get it to slow down enough for the unload. The "catcher" position was rotated often.

worked at cp in the mid 80s 87 thunder canyon....mine ride had 5 trains but could only run 4 max....they only ran 4 trains on really busy saturdays...and that was a challenge for the crew...had to push the train out of the station many times because the next train was already in the final helix...no stacking of trains back then, had friends who worked at it, was an all female crew....a train would dispatch out of the station before the previous one was over the first lift

Last edited by t canyon 87,

Sounds like how Thunder Mountain operates. I swear it’s crazy to compare dispatch times of Disney coasters with Cedar Point. I’ve barely put my lap bar down and that thing is flying out of the station.

I miss it as well. Walking past the building brings back many memories.

I LOVED Frontier Lift and remember riding it many times a kid. Rumor has it that a big problem with this ride was the teenagers smoking cigarettes on it and then flicking their cigarettes below onto the island starting many brush fires in the process. The CP fire crew had a hell of time putting these fires out ,due to the location, I could imagine.

To the OP, you will be happy to know that there is a neat photo of this ride that will be pictured in the "Rolling through the Years" 150th Anniversary book coming out in Spring 2020.

I'd be a happy camper if they figured our a way to get a new chair lift ride from mid park to the back. Doesn't even have to be to Frontier Town. I know there's the train, so maybe.. have it go from Coasters to where the Dinos entrance was.

It'll probably never ever happen but who knows! Maybe for the 175th!

Parks discovered a long time ago the more calories a guest burns the more calories they have to buy. CP is one of the best at it,

Too bad they haven’t figured out how to serve something other than heavy fried, carb laden ,fat saturated cafeteria ‘food’. It would help them sell even more calories to burn.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

HeyIsntThatRob? said:

LOL.. Just wanna start speculation on the next BIG anniversary that merits a giant attraction!

150th is getting something that appears to be along the lines of Paddlewheel, Logic can point to a Frontier Lift revival for the 175th!

I miss the Frontier Lift too. It was nice to be able to reach Frontiertown by taking the Midway Sky Lift and the Pioneer Lift.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I also enjoyed the Frontier Lift, being up above the trees always felt so remote and distant from the rest of the park. If one was in a hurry, using both lifts to get to opposite ends of the park was very efficient.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

I used to like to exit the park at the end of the day this way. It was VERY dark and quiet. A good unwind from a day of action...

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

You guys are making me pine for something I never got to experience. XD I keep looking up at the Frontiertown bathroom building and seeing the earmarks of where the lift station was, and thinking how nice it'd be to get to just ride a lift over the trees.

(Of course, I also find myself looking at the faded-but-very-visible White Water Landing logo on the back of the Maverick station and wishing there were an awesome sprawling log flume there, as well. :P )

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Maverick is way better than WWL ever was. WWL was a boring ride, never have understood all the nostalgia for it, when Maverick is one of the best coasters in the park!

WWL was a nice family ride. Maverick is a great coaster, but it’s not appealing to everyone.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service