Wasted space

Wouldn't Gemini be the only ride in the park that you could not repurpose the queues railing?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Corkscrew has the same railings. At least they did. It's been a few years since I've been on it.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

XS NightClub said:
Wouldn't Gemini be the only ride in the park that you could not repurpose the queues railing?

It it were RCT I’d add a pathway into there with a hotdog stand inside.

First ride; Magnum 1994

I realize this forum is for CP topics, but on the subject of excess queues I want to mention what I saw Tuesday. It was my first ever visit to Kings Island, we rode everything. Last ride was on "The Bat". We ventured down the entry path and it kept going, & going, & going. You could see a few areas where in years past there were queue railings which had been removed. The ride had the same pillars and structure style as Iron Dragon and rode very similar except a bit taller & faster. The whole area of it seemed dated. I couldn't imagine waiting that long for that ride.

I can imagine it, as I waited 2.5 hours for Top Gun (now The Bat) in its opening season. The queue was completely filled, and was even spilling out onto the midway at the top of the stairs. But we did it. I still enjoy that ride a lot.. I think it's a pretty intense suspended coaster. But yes, the queue line is very extensive, haha.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Steel Vengeance is kinda/sorta off the beaten path, but The Bat is extremely remote. I enjoyed it also, it was more thrilling than Iron Dragon.

jimmyburke said:

Last ride was on "The Bat". We ventured down the entry path and it kept going, & going, & going. You could see a few areas where in years past there were queue railings which had been removed. The ride had the same pillars and structure style as Iron Dragon and rode very similar except a bit taller & faster. The whole area of it seemed dated. I couldn't imagine waiting that long for that ride.

I think the queue was to a) handle expected large crowds in the early seasons and b) really can't be altered to accommodate a shorter queue.

I really enjoyed The Bat and appreciated the tip of the hat to the park's history. I had the opportunity to ride the first Bat at KI back in the day.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Gotta say the CP nights band/show at the old Fire & Ice stage is a massive improvement over that ear wrenching show last year.
It’s a great show and performers with great audience interactions, awesome job CP LiveE!

Our last night here from a week long stay on point, haven’t noticed any markings or pre-construction logistics.
They’re really keeping it tight this year.

The park looks great and LiveE is doing an awesome job this year.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

XS NightClub said:
Our last night here from a week long stay on point, haven’t noticed any markings or pre-construction logistics.
They’re really keeping it tight this year.

The park looks great and LiveE is doing an awesome job this year.

Except the red garter show is one big noise fest, with the amps turned up to 11 and the distortion so bad you literally can’t even tell what instruments are being played even watching them playing right in front of you. The sound engineer must be completely deaf. And it’s not the room, Yearbook sounded great in there.

jimmyburke said:
I realize this forum is for CP topics, but on the subject of excess queues I want to mention what I saw Tuesday. It was my first ever visit to Kings Island, we rode everything. Last ride was on "The Bat". We ventured down the entry path and it kept going, & going, & going. You could see a few areas where in years past there were queue railings which had been removed. The ride had the same pillars and structure style as Iron Dragon and rode very similar except a bit taller & faster. The whole area of it seemed dated. I couldn't imagine waiting that long for that ride.

Ah yes the 10 mile walk to The Bat. About as long of a walk as it is to get on Copperhead Strike.

And I don't think the unused queues matter. If you remove half of Rougarou's queue, what are you putting there? A ZacSpin? A Larson Loop? OMG 19th coaster!

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

If you remove half of Rougarou's queue, what are you putting there? A ZacSpin? A Larson Loop? OMG 19th coaster!

Easy now. I was just thinking of the park planting grass and trees in the un-used areas of empty queues.

Wasted space? Or, location of new attraction?

This morning when walking past the area where the Monster Trucks had been, across from Celebration stage, I was able to see how large a plot of pavement that spot is. And it is currently empty, all the way up to the Perimeter rd. fence where patrons would cross the street to ride the Monster trucks. The course where they operated has been smoothed out amongst the trees where Cedars was demolished and is also a very large empty area. I realize that stage will be used this Halloweekends with different acts, as well as the "call to scare", so it is good there is extra room to maneuver at this time.

Mrs. jimmyburke said they should build a ride that spans the road, high enough underpass for construction vehicles to pass.

They should build raised bleachers so you can sit down to watch the shows on the stage. Like they had there before.

That is where the loading station is going to be once the new T-Rex Polar coaster is built. The coaster will go out into the parking lot towards the parking toll booths then come back for some insane ejector air time moments.

Okay, back to wasted space. I've been lurking for a bit, and I am quite surprised nobody brought up Thunder Canyon. Nobody on this site. I guess it's maybe because they use the queue for CornStalkers during HalloWeekends? But every time I've been there during there so far it always been a walk on.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

When I originally made this post, it was because the the frustration I had due to the park no utilizing the stage near Windseeker. And even the area around Windseeker could be used for something. And now someone brought up a good point in regards to the area where Monster Jam was located. I would assume Cedar Point has a plan, because generally speaking; they know what they are doing. It's hard to agree or disagree with people when they mention "unused line queue" because because apparently they fill up during Halloweekends. I have never been (yet) so it's hard to have an opinion. But also, even if they did I don't think they would get that much usable space. Celebration Plaza and Lakeside Midway could be used better because those huge areas

Well for one thing, I would imagine the capacity is pretty good on Thunder Canyon, so much like Magnum or Gatekeeper, you can't judge a ride's popularity based on the presence or lack of a line.

Plus, every park "needs" a couple water rides, so even if it's not as popular as a coaster, that doesn't mean there's value in replacing it with one.

Also, on our visit in June, we had an absolute ton of fun on that ride, with my Wife and I taking turns riding with our 46" 6-year old. So TC also fills an invaluable role in the critical "rides the whole family can enjoy together" category.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service