Busted!

Kevinj said:
Just for clarification, Skydiver is talking about someone who tries to sneak in before the general public opening (10:00 AM) when they are not a resort guest or pass-holder.

Thank you! If they let 1 trespasser in, why not a hundred, or a thousand?

They check for platinum pass or resort credentials. It's being enforced well. It's pretty hard to get through they have the entire path roped off and it's being watched. I don't think any "trespassers" are getting through.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

In previous years, they rarely enforced it during our annual early-/mid-June visits. They were enforcing it this year, but we pushed our visit to the third week in June, so maybe they enforce it more as the days get busier.

Brandon

I think the process and/or training has just gotten better in the last year or two. I too saw no enforcement at all a couple of years ago, but this year has been consistent on that front for every visit I've made.

Brandon's experience was routinely ours until this past season as others have noted. Even on our late-May early June visit there was a major checkpoint even after the resort entrance.

Promoter of fog.

That is great to hear. I realize that it's not that busy at that time of year, so a few "GP" mingling among ERT guests wasn't a huge deal. But the primary reason we go early in the season is specifically to enjoy the low crowds and walk-on ERT in the morning.

Brandon

jimmyburke said:

It wasn't a cheat attempt. It was an attempt to find out for myself what the policy was, since I wasn't clear whether they counted the meals "per visit", that is to say that we had a morning "visit" to the amusement park and an afternoon "visit" to the water park. After all, the "visit" counter on the screen gave one number (36) for the former and a separate number (1) for the latter. I was fully aware of the 4 hour requirement between meals, I simply presented my pass and when told that not enough time had elapsed I had my answer. I said thank you and came back later.

Last time I remember cheating was in Algebra class in high school off of that smart girls paper.

I would be interested to see someone try to 'violate' the four hour wait time restriction by getting a "to go" meal at Cedar Point on the way out and then trying to get inside the gate at Kings Island to buy a second meal before the four hour window closes. Anyone up for the challenge?

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service