If you could change a ride name...

I know this sounds silly, but I would rename Millennium Force to something different. Now hear me out, this is just a fantasy here. What if you could call it Steel Force? I know that name is in use at Dorney Park, but Cedar Fair likes to cycle their names around throughout the chain. And also they could keep the space theme they already have with the ride. Don't get me wrong, I love the name it has, but it's not the new millennium anymore.

Last edited by Shawn Meyer,

I know its not the new millenium anymore but that is when the ride was made which is why it should stay. I would much rather get rid of Rougaru or Valravn

I would never change MF’s name. Especially to a name used in the chain somewhere already. Cedar Point has originality and it would be nice to keep it that way.

I second the name change of Valravn and/or Rougarou to something that the GP can actually pronounce or spell correctly.

^^ Well since I'm a big Rougarou fan here, that name can stay. Valravn is a cool name in my opinion and I can see you guys point on not changing Millennium Force name. I'll just nickname it then and just use my imagination. I love blueberries so I often joke with my friends and say the name should be Blueberry Force. I know Cedar Point would laugh at me for that because that name would never fly.

How do you even find a thread that's been dead for 14 years?

I’d change Magnum to “Anybody named Tom may Jump the Line!”

Yes, my name is Tom & I’m an idiot! 😈

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

Rougaru should be renamed "Head Banger" because you end up with a mild concussion after each ride

I've bumped my head on Raptor a couple times lately, yet nobody complains about that ride. Plus I never have a problem with Rougarou. Maybe it's my height and build.

It's your heart-line.

Promoter of fog.

Shawn Meyer said:

. I know Cedar Point would laugh at me for that ...

They might even ban you from the park.

Shawn Meyer said:
I've bumped my head on Raptor a couple times lately, yet nobody complains about that ride. Plus I never have a problem with Rougarou. Maybe it's my height and build.

Oh but they do... In fact a guy went on about how Raptor is the ONLY B&M inverted coaster with that nasty turn into the MCBR and final brake run, and when would it be fixed?

ROUNDABOUND.

Shane Denmark said:

Shawn Meyer said:

Oh but they do... In fact a guy went on about how Raptor is the ONLY B&M inverted coaster with that nasty turn into the MCBR and final brake run, and when would it be fixed?

I hear them, too. Chief among them . . . my hubby. The last time he rode Raptor (October, last year) his head/jaw got slammed at the end and he was uncomfortable for about a week. I think it's rough, but I know it's coming so I manage to ready myself for the "slam".

Every time we go into the park, the first thing he says is "I wish they'd do something about Raptor. Someone's going to get really hurt." I smile at him and get in line. :)

That last turn on Raptor is a bit ridiculous though. I do agree. And count me in as someone who doesn’t have any issues while riding Rougarou. I think it’s a solid coaster.

^ Thank you TwistedWIcker! You're awesome!

Change the name of Raptor to "Whiplash". Raptor isn't bad until that last turn coming into the final brake section. Rougaru is rough the entire second half; the first drop and loop are great, but just about everything after gives me a concussion. You shouldn't need "a certain height and build" to ride a coaster. If they changed the restraints then I am sure it would be a great coaster.

^You do realize that every coaster at Cedar Point has both height and size restrictions, right?

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Yes but there shouldn't be a specific combination that is needed to ride a coaster. I understand you can't be over 6'6 on most rides but if your anywhere in the height spectrum; the ride should be comfortable and not bang my head on the restraints. Simple as that

I'm very excited to see this roller coaster in your mind, that goes over 70 mph through twists, turns, and inversions all while perfectly seating everyone from the 48", 9 year-old girl to the 78", 250 lb football player, and not jostling any of their heads against the common restraints at all. Sounds like a ton of fun! :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

MrJohnJLewis said:
Change the name of Raptor to "Whiplash". Raptor isn't bad until that last turn coming into the final brake section. Rougaru is rough the entire second half; the first drop and loop are great, but just about everything after gives me a concussion. You shouldn't need "a certain height and build" to ride a coaster. If they changed the restraints then I am sure it would be a great coaster.

Change the restraints to what? You do realize not every restraint is going to be comfortable for everybody with different builds, right?

I am 6'3 and 230, so I by no means am a small person. GateKeeper, Valravn, Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Maverick, Steel Vengeance are all comfortable to ride because the restraints are nice. Rougaru restraints are trash. Raptor restraints are trash. Get the same ones that GateKeeper/Valravn/Maverick has

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service