Past element removal or layout modifications?

hotboyalex250 said:
What tire incident on dragster?

Check out this old thread:
http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/12069.aspx

thank you

Lowkae, if I'm not mistaken the track piece is laying along the fence at Adena in Mansfield, you can easily see it from rt 30.

Here Come the Irish!

Still?

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Of course it's still. Inanimate objects typically don't move on their own. ;)

Brandon

It's the law.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Newton's Law son!

I hate to bring a topic back from the dead here, but figured why create a new one when there's one similar to the one I was going to create? Anyhow since a lot of people don't like Rougarou the way it is, is it possible they would remove an element to make it less of a headbanger? I never have a problem with the ride the way it is, but a lot of people swear it's a major headbanger. The only spots I can see that is bad is right before the brake-run and the corkscrew. Other than that, it's smooth sailing to me. I don't see why they don't modify the trains 3 across so they can accommodate the vest restraints on the current trains they already have. I know that sounds stupid, but maybe more people would like Rougarou better If they did that.

Last edited by Shawn Meyer,

Those vest restraints are terrible. I'm fine with what they've got now.

It’s too bad that I wasn’t engaged with rollercoasters until recently, I live less than 20 minutes from Adena and would love to have seen that track.

I’ve been on most of the floorless coasters, I don’t think Rougarou rides anymore intense/headbangs than the rest.

I loved Mantis during its' first year of operation. Between its' 1st and 2nd year of operation, a brake on the 1st drop was added and changed the intensity of the ride. I didn't ride it much after that. I ride Rougarou often. Only comparisons I have for it are Hydra at Dorney and the Batman ride at Geauga Lake. I don't consider it any rougher than those. I always grab a seat in the last row as I like watching the train in front of me go thru its' twists and turns.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Agreed with the rest. I find it no more uncomfortable than the other floorless coasters. And for goodness sake, please, no more vest style restraints.

Give everything the new Maverick restraints.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Honestly I'd have to agree with this. The Maverick/Storm runner/Fahrenheit restraints are the best OTSRs out there.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Millennium Force had two supports modified. One on the first over bank turn. Rumor is people hit theirs hands on the support. See the image here.

The second support is on the island and is the bottom of the triangular track. See the image here.

Last edited by Lash,

I ride it once every season just to check it off the ol to do list. It is not enjoyable due to the restraints. They need to be replaced similar to the Maverick/Valravn/Gatekeeper restraints. Those are SOOO much more comfortable to ride in.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the vest restraints.

I'd rather be sailing

While we’re on the subject of modification, I am very confident in saying that Wicked Twister’s seat belts have been lengthened quite a bit. Especially row 2, left side (since that’s the seat I sat in most recently).

I actually did hear about that, but I'm not going to try it yet until I lose some more weight. How much have they been lengthened? Because when I do the test seat, the clasps touch but don't go in. Probably trying to make a similar seat to the fat seats on the B&Ms.

Last edited by Skyhawk06,

I'd rather be sailing

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service