Wasted space

There's really no way for us to know if the old stadium was in need of repairs they had no intentions to make because they were planning to remove it at some point anyway. Space staying empty for a season or two while all the preparations are made for what's coming next isn't really that big of a deal.

I do recall the stadium was in need of repairs. It may have cost less just to demolish it then it would have to repair it. I think same goes for Good Time Theater. I recall it was deteriorating in it's final years.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

It's not a huge deal, but there is an empty stage being underutilized. Entertain me CP! 🙃

But if every bit of available space isn’t taken up by #extremethrillz then it’s wasted space.

I don't need extreme thrills, just maybe a band on that stage. Don't think that is an outrageous request

Not to mention that a few of us on here do complain about the shows and lack of family attractions. Where's our damn log flume?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Jungle Larry's ran thru '94 and Power Tower was built in '97 or '98, possibly '99 ( Don't remember the exact year). Relax, It's not wasted space. They know what they're doing.

jimmyburke said:
DRE420 is 100% correct, no land was added. If that is the word Jason used it was likely meant in a different context, in other words meaning that space has been created due to the removal of things from areas. That area at the north end of the peninsula has had no land added in the sense that they have not built out into the lake. That type of fill is an enormous undertaking requiring U.S. Army Corp. of Engineers oversight. All winter they were trucking in those massive quarry rocks to that area to shore up the breakwall that extends east. If 4 acres were indeed added it would take years for a new containment wall to be laid and for it to be filled & settled. Can it be done? Yes, it was done at the airport I worked at for 30 years in Cleveland. Will it be done at CP? Never going to happen. (at least in my remaining lifetime)

To be clear, I was there and listened to the comment Jason McClure said. It has been switched around quite bit.

He said

People think CP is running out of land, that is not true, in fact we are getting ready to add 4 acres to the peninsula.

He stated add land, he didn't say where it would go, and he said future project....sounded like a thing that would take a year or 2 to complete.

What this means and how true I have no idea, but that is what was stated.

I loved the dolphin stadium, it was built the year before I worked out there, but it was LITERALLY falling apart with the concrete dropping off of the rebar supports under all of the elevated walkways. Even if they wanted to retain a stadium there, it would not have been cost effective to continue repairing the old one. It was time for it to go.

RCTycoonClassic said:
...in fact we are getting ready to add 4 acres to the peninsula.

He stated add land, he didn't say where it would go, and he said future project....

That's about the size of the former Cedars lot according to my math.

Brandon

They added the land out by the former Sandcastle site. You can still see the old seawall and then where they addd land to the new rock wall that was installed over the winter.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

After visiting the park yesterday, does it come to mind like it does me, that you wish Cedar Point could get rid of unused queue spaces? Maybe just reconfigure the queues according to how much traffic goes through certain ride queues? For example, I love Rougarou, but let's face it, they probably never use all that queue even on a busy day. They should consider making a queue like how Mystic TImbers did their queue at Kings Island. Power Tower is another example. People just don't wait in that much queue anymore and they should just crush some of the concrete and put grass and trees in those spots.

I do agree, but you must not have seen rougarou’s queue on a Halloweekend Saturday. There are very few rides where the queue lines take up so much space that isn’t located in the infield of the actual ride.

TwistedWicker77 said:

I do agree, but you must not have seen rougarou’s queue on a Halloweekend Saturday. There are very few rides where the queue lines take up so much space that isn’t located in the infield of the actual ride.

No I tend not to go to the park on Saturday during halloweekends unless I'm trying to get all the haunts in. On that note, they should just shorten the queue for Power Tower a little. I bet even during halloweekends that whole queue isn't filled.

I do agree with that. However, drop side does tend to get a pretty long like. Shot side however moves fairly quickly

Rehearsals started on the stage this afternoon. Songs seem to be the same as last year.

That's not a half bad idea, Shawn. Sometimes I look at all the queue space and wonder how much of it could be trimmed down by a third or even a half. Like, Gatekeeper, for example. It's such a people eater that I rarely see even a fraction of its allotted amount of queue space used anymore, nor do I see the furthest parts of Millenium Force or Magnum's queue used.

On the other hand, I've made it a point to not be there at peak times, so it could still be there for a reason.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

None of the extra ques are in places that can be reused. They are under the ride or in the infield. I have been to KI and CP on days where all the ques are being used. Don't go to the Haunts or on a holiday weekend. Those ques are used.

Saturday Columbus Day weekend I'm not sure there is such a thing as wasted que space. I think for some rides those lines are only filled just a few days each year but if they take them out then the lines will spill over into the midways n those days and just make a mess. They have taken out some unneeded ques in the past though that smoking area behind the restrooms by Magnum used to be ques for Magnum and I think there was even more of them on the other side of that building the first few years.

One good example of wasted queue is for the old front entrance to Gemini before fast lane came around. The queue there is no longer accessible even to the main line anymore.

First ride; Magnum 1994

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service