Handwashing

On Wednesday afternoon a food service employee (supervisor?) used the men's room across from the Happy Friar and left without washing his hands. I am sure that this is a frequent occurrence and it needs to be corrected as I've seen it happen several times this year.

I did send the park an email as it is a serious issue in regards to sanitation and perception. I hate to complain but the park needs feedback in order to ensure compliance.

Initial thought is "Eeeew" but then I remember back when I worked Hills department store any time we were sent to help in the snack bar the first thing we had to do was wash our hands immediately after entering. Didn't matter if we were on our way back from the restroom and had just washed out hands not even 10 seconds ago, we had to be seen washing our hands as we walked behind the counter so maybe they are just avoiding double washing. I'm not condoning it, just wondering out loud if that's the case. I would hope they have to wash as soon as they enter whatever food area they work in no matter where they are coming from.

I'm thinking that the employee wanted to was their hands, but the faucets were on backwards.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

That better not become the new made whole joke.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

I'm sorry. I really am. But my biggest flaw is the irresistible temptation when it comes to running a joke into the ground. Far far far underground. If you think this is bad, you should think of my poor family.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

If you don't like the running jokes here, just keep scrolling and read the next post

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'd keep scrolling, but someone put the scroll wheel on my mouse on wrong.

^YES!!!

I wouldn't assume that the person didn't wash his hands before returning to work. Putting aside the fact that the first thing he has to do when entering the workplace, remember something annoying about most Cedar Point restrooms: most of them have only cold water plumbed into the sinks! Maybe this person would prefer to go back to the joint and wash his hands in warm water.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Just got back from our annual Breakers trip. The worst one yet. Not sure who to blame, but the park’s staff is the worst it’s ever been. Multiple bathrooms without soap or toilet paper, over flowing trash cans, dirty Breakers room, slow/untrained employees.... employees didn’t look professional, one was taking a smoke break right outside the Magnum gate on the curb (literally smoking in front of guests while holding her phone and texting) I’ve been going to the park for 30 years- it’s never been this bad. I love what the new management has done, but perhaps some of this is that most of the higher ups are people that did not start in the park and work their way up. Many of upper management have finance experience vs operations experience. The Bill Sphens, John Hildebrandts, Jack Falfas, and Dick Kinzels are long gone... perhaps this year is when the absence of that culture is noticed in the CP experience. Again- love what the new team has done- but there were things that I saw the last few days that would’ve never happened 15 years ago.

Still had a great trip- encountered other courteous, helpful employees, but overall the worst trip as far as employees and general park cleanliness- and the park wasn’t even busy.

Last edited by Tilt-a-Whirl,

I've had the opposite experience this year. When I used the bathrooms, there was someone actually physically in there cleaning and stocking on two separate occasions. We only ate in the park at Melt, but it was a Saturday at lunch time and the service was good, and my food was so hot I couldn't even eat it right away. The ice cream stand in CP Shores took a long time to get our ice cream, but that's because the "two scoops" were so huge that it probably took forever to scoop it all lol.

I have yet to have a bad experience at CP this year. I've been there at least once a week since opening. Employees have been extra friendly and welcoming this year.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service