Wasted space

The area when All Wheels Extreme/Fire and Ice band performed the past few seasons is currently a dead zone. Figured they would be doing something over in that region when it starts getting dark but there's nothing going on. Is that because of potential plans for the 2020 season??

Yes.

I wonder what it’ll be.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Wasted Space he says. Great name for the new 2020 attraction. Or, the area where those dudes emerged from with a skunky odor.....

I believe they are getting ready to use that space for the Fire and Ice show or something similar as they have set up the stage lighting recently. As for 2020, I can definitely see some sort of new flat ride being placed there.

I was in the park this past week Tuesday the 18th-22nd and they stage was just sitting there. They got rid of the stadium that once sat there to put a stage there that they aren't using??

I wouldn’t call that wasted space. I’d call it Planned Space. We’ll just have to wait to see what the plan is...

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

I was there Tuesday and they were definitely working on the stage and lights. Relax you'll get your show there this summer.

As for 2020 prepare for something that is going to disappoint your expectations. I can hardly wait for them to announce what is new next year, based on the completely irrational speculation I've seen online. The amount of crying is going to be a show of it's own!

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Lakeside Music Festival (or something close to that name) is coming to that stage later in the season.

operative_me said:
As for 2020 prepare for something that is going to disappoint your expectations. I can hardly wait for them to announce what is new next year, based on the completely irrational speculation I've seen online. The amount of crying is going to be a show of it's own!

I haven't seen much speculation, but the one I have seen gives me a good chuckle. Get this, 4 acres are being added to the back of the park to make room for a 500ft T-Rex......

No, there won't be anything big next year, but I could see something coming in2021, to usher in the next 150. Seems to me I heard either Tony or Jason say sometime they would be celebrating it over two years.

I understand that there are plans for the future, just as I am sure there are plans for the old Cedars Dorms site; but at least they are using that area. The fire/ice stage is doing nothing. Why wait for Cedar Point Nights to make that space useful?? That just seems unlike CP

It’s fun to look at park maps from year to year and you can see the little shuffling that takes place a couple years before a big attraction comes. The dismantling of both white water landing and Mill run for Maverick and raptor come to mind; but it’s little things over the course of a year or two and then you get the “ooohhh” i get. It’s like playing connect the dots -cedar point rarely disappointed in my opinion.

Last edited by WZNM,

Wznm

DRE420 said:
I haven't seen much speculation, but the one I have seen gives me a good chuckle. Get this, 4 acres are being added to the back of the park to make room for a 500ft T-Rex......

You know the 4 acres has already been added, right? They mentioned that at CoasterMania... They’ve created an additional 4 acres to the peninsula where Sandcastle Suites stood. I’m not saying the other part is legit, though.

ROUNDABOUND.

Can you say "Beach Front" Cottages, where you have a back door and a beach area all to yourself.

Shane Denmark said:

You know the 4 acres has already been added, right? They mentioned that at CoasterMania... They’ve created an additional 4 acres to the peninsula where Sandcastle Suites stood. I’m not saying the other part is legit, though.

No, this guy stated that they were physically adding on more land, as in filling in some of the lakeshore to create more property. And those 4 acres weren't "added", that land has always been there. They just freed up 4 acres is all.

Last edited by DRE420,

I dunno. Jason McClure joked about how everyone says Cedar Point is running out of space and then said they added 4 acres to the peninsula. Maybe I misheard but it sure drew a reaction from the crowd.

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

I agree, I am not sure why Cedar Point tears down a stadium for nothing to be in use on an everyday basis. And, the All Wheels Extreme area is just so poorly designed. It should be a beautiful midway. I really hope 2020 answers these areas.

^^ I've been in that area this season and can confirm they haven't added any additional land to the park. How much money would that even cost anyhow? Probably more than the hassle or investment value.

DRE420 is 100% correct, no land was added. If that is the word Jason used it was likely meant in a different context, in other words meaning that space has been created due to the removal of things from areas. That area at the north end of the peninsula has had no land added in the sense that they have not built out into the lake. That type of fill is an enormous undertaking requiring U.S. Army Corp. of Engineers oversight. All winter they were trucking in those massive quarry rocks to that area to shore up the breakwall that extends east. If 4 acres were indeed added it would take years for a new containment wall to be laid and for it to be filled & settled. Can it be done? Yes, it was done at the airport I worked at for 30 years in Cleveland. Will it be done at CP? Never going to happen. (at least in my remaining lifetime)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service