gatekeeper valley video 06/13/2019

Hah, Gatekeeper turned into a Pirate ride real quick.

GateKeeper: Hey, Wicked Twister! Hold my beer.

They put the wheels on backwards

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Guests: “so stupid when rides close for high winds”
Also guests when they see this video: 😳

I wonder if this will make the wind policy as ridiculous as the 2007 Magnum train bump has made the rain policy for the last 12 years

I'd say it's a possibility.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

I would think it would only effect the wind speed limits they have set for Gatekeeper, not other rides.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

True, but for years after the 2007 Magnum train bump all coasters would go down if the slightest of sprinkles came from the sky. Only recently have they seemed to ease a bit, but they will still take Arrow coasters to one train and everything else to a max of two. A 2 minute passing shower can come off the lake and they will take the time to take a train or two off of everything instantly. Thursday and today are perfect examples. Heck, Thursday afternoon the park was absolutely dead, but Valravn had a 60+ minute wait. Why, you ask? It was running one train because of rain. One train. On Valravn. It was a disaster.

I'm mostly curious how long a loaded train like that would take to come to a stop in that situation, and how an unload works in that situation.

Typically some type of boom lift will come row by row and get the riders out one by one.

I would guess 10-20 minutes? As cool as it would be to say "I was on Gatekeeper when it valleyed" I also feel like it could get incredibly nauseating.

^That is if you don't have an iron stomach. I'd usually hork down something at MELT and then jump on MaXair or something else of that caliber...

Yet I still get sick in the back of a car.

I'd rather be sailing

Don't record vertical video, kids.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

^Well sometimes that works. XD

I'd rather be sailing

Does it? Do you walk around with your head tilted 90 degrees so your eyes are set vertically?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Vertical recording makes it hard for the adults with horizontal TV's or monitors to share the video.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service