Testing?

Well, we are in March!! Wonder when we can expect to see some testing? Maybe in the next couple weeks?

Little cold for that, isn't it? Maybe mid or late month when it finally warms up. I can't imagine testing would go well when it's this cold, but then, I could be way wrong.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

They’re currently very busy tweeting pics of employees standing on the old cedars land.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Late March through April is usually the full force testing where ride units are being put back on as maintenance thoroughly tests each cycle. And ride crews are training throughout April to prepare for opening day. So like CPboy77 said, within the next couple of weeks I’d assume.

... so the same as every year?

Seems the only wonder is what rides won’t be ready for weeks after opening, perhaps a betting pool for benefiting A Kid Again could be setup.
It’s been CP SOP for some time now so it’s quite predictable.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I’m going to bet Wicked Twister will be late. Seems like an every other year occurrence almost. Same with Dragster since April weather isn’t always the best for commissioning and testing. But those are my bets.

I knew I was having deja vu with this one

https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/testing-10

^Haha wow. Nice find. I see not much has changed with CPboy's mentality this time of year.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

That is an interesting find. But when it comes to testing, I am so ready to go.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Cartwright said:

I knew I was having deja vu with this one

https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/testing-10

The fact that you remember a thread I started 4 years ago....

One could argue the fact that you ask the same question at the same time of year that generally has had the exact same answer for decades

XS NightClub said:
They’re currently very busy tweeting pics of employees standing on the old cedars land.

Don't forget the paint has to dry before testing can begin 😁

Well, with other parks running B&M coasters with customers on them while only in the 20's in December, I guess they could start testing at any moment...lol

*cough* *cough* Six Flags Great America *cough* *cough*

^And the place was packed both of the last 2 weekends. And it was surprisingly fun. They DID have to go down to 1 train ops after it dropped below 30 degrees.

And Six Flags isn't the best at following manufacturer recommendations.

~chugh43

Word from the park is that Most testing will definitely be underway by May 11.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Valravn is testing:

https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/1110984962898100224

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Jack Nicholson nodding.gif

Saw Max air Swinging this morning on Cam 2!!! Spring is here!!

Wznm

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service