Winter Chill Out 2019

The planning and design was most definitely the highlight of the tour. All that nostalgia tucked away for so long, I really loved the ride station renderings and mini models. I'm also wondering why those aren't on display with the Mean Streak and WWL models in the Town Hall. I really am looking forward to the 150th and all the historic things they have planned, that book they discussed during the 8am group presentation will be a must have. Also looking forward to more nano coasters and mini train models.

Last edited by DRE420,

Did anyone in the 12:30 group notice at the presentation when Tony mentioned ride updates some people screamed Gemini. And thenTony got all paranoid and seemed nervous. After the recent rumors it Just adds more fuel to the fire that Gemini may be getting the axe after 2020.

I agree that Shoot the Rapids old station being the entrance to FFIA looks promising for a return of Paddlewheel Excursions. I am willing to bank on it, but not getting my hopes up.

By the way, thank you for the updates everybody! I wasn’t able to make it this year due to prior obligations. But I will say, I am excited for the smaller additions. Especially Hugo’s!

Was there any talk about the crazy discounted ticket prices that have been advertised thus far in the off season? As well as park staffing issues and how they will try to fix it? Just curious.

I kind of wish they'd taken some of the elements from those mock-up drawings of Snake River Falls- the enclosed lift hill, the 'mountain' situated in the supports. I guess it wasn't feasible in the end but man, those drawings look cool.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Fingers crossed they use the Shoot the Rapids bridge for access which could signal a 2020 return of Paddlewheel.

Only concern is they’d have to add an elevator or ramp to make it ADA compliant.

Shane Denmark said:
Impulsive Phoenix- What’s a boom?

Shane, I think they might’ve meant to say book but it got misspelled.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Also has been mentioned by tony himself multiple times the 150 anniversary is a 2 year celebration so I kind of agree that we might not see a coaster in 2020 but I can see one within the 2 years which they will be celebrating.

So glad to hear about all the great updates and changes for 2019. Thanks all

James Parker jr said:

Finally, I'm very hopeful with the pouches coming to SV. Let's see how it goes. Oh and this is just my hunch... But something tells me that a coaster is NOT in the plans for 2020/150th. Of course it's just a guess, but that's where I'm at right now.

Definitely seems that way. They have had some subtle and not so subtle hints about bringing back history, and adding many new things instead of one big thing.

I also am leaning towards no new coaster for 2020, but that's just a hunch.

What is for sure is if there isn't, there will need to be a lot of "whole-making" for people who have worked themselves up to unreasonably high expectations, through no fault of the park. The park has said absolutely nothing about a new coaster.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Exactly! Almost like the KI fans and how they were let down with the 2019 announcement.

Some of the art-work suggests the STR bridge is being used. Someone asked during our session about Paddlewheel. Jason gave the dodgiest answer ever, the kind they have to give when they don't want to lie but also aren't prepared to comment on new developments. The clear part, "Paddlewheel Excursions" the ride that previously started by Camp Snoopy with that one specific set of boats and went around the island with those props we know, isn't coming back. Yeah, I thought he was trying that hard to say no while not dashing hopes for the return of a boat ride.

Someone asked about the future for Corkscrew. Instead of a yes/no, Jason talked about the process each year of looking at ride numbers for every ride, along with staff costs, and reports from maintenance on how much they were down, availability and cost of parts to decide if a ride stays or goes.

Another interesting dodge. After talking about the 2nd year of Maverick updates (lights in the tunnel), someone asked about bringing back other long-gone effects. As soon as someone specified Magnum's 3rd tunnel, Jason/Tony said next question and moved on.

Edited to add: Tony highlighting how hard he tried to tell us RMC was coming in the Mean Streak press release was interesting. He later asked about the places on the FFAI map that was shared, kind of like there is a clue on the map.

Last edited by Ken P,

That was my question about the 2nd year of Maverick Updates....while I heard lights in the tunnel, because someone pretty much shouted out about the Magnum thing, I don't think I fully understood what was meant by lights in the tunnel. :/

~chugh43

Jason has previously said it will be similar to the originals. This is the oldest POV footage I could find for the tunnel. Old Maverick POV footage

Regarding Winterfest, Jason mentioned the heat issue again. He said that during WCO we had been in every building at Cedar Point that has heat. My qualifier since I'm sure the corporate office building has heat but could be considered a CF building, not CP. Even that seemed like a stretch, as the Lakeside Pavillion once again had portable propane heat. I also saw portable propane heat at other places thru-out the park including food stands were work was being done during the off-season.

Maybe someone who worked in food services would know, does CP have natural gas infrastructure on the peninsula running to all the food stands for hot water and cooking purposes?

I know it has some gas lines the following I can be sure have gas...Famous Daves, Bay Harbor, TGI Fridays, Panda Express, the former Burger Patio, and The former breakwater cafe at sandcastle suites...I have been in these kitchens, I would also think there is more with the age of most of the food locations in the park with the exception of locations which only require fryers to cook. Commercial cooking equipment wasn't efficient sans fryers using electric until more recently.

Anyone get pictures of Cedars site? Any updates on Cedars location?

Tony tweeted a picture that shows part of the former Cedars site a week or so ago:

https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/1096398193078779904

Nothing specific was stated during our presentation about what is happening with the site this season.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

I meant to ask at the presentation session, but I didn't: does anyone know if the Paddlewheel station/recent Dinos Alive merchandise shop was going to remain a merchandise location this season? I suppose if a boat ride were to return in 2020, the building could be re-re-purposed again.

Ken P said:

does CP have natural gas infrastructure on the peninsula running to all the food stands for hot water and cooking purposes?

Nope.

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service