Winter Chill Out 2019

Follow along at http://live.pointbuzz.com.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

that link doesn't work.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Thanks! that link works.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Anyone know if being able to enter through the Chausee is alright or should stick to the Causeway?

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

Oops. Sorry about the link.

Causeway only. Don’t use Cedar Point Rd.

Wow a new restaurant where Witches Wheel was..

Wznm

Is there any truth to this: I heard the park announced that Steel Vengeance would have pouches during the event.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Yes.

Notes from today.

• $60,000 raised for A Kid Again.
  • Passholder preview is coming back. The park got great feedback from last year's event.
  • Safety issues and guest injuries led to Steel Vengeance cell phone policy. They would find 30 cell phones a day. New for 2019 - pouches on the train for cell phones.
  • Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island entrance will be the former Shoot the Rapids station. Won’t know exactly what it is until you get there. You drive the story. Twenty actors on island. Concept similar to Ghost Town Alive! at Knott's, but different. Story will always be changing - every day will be different.
  • Frontier Festival - goal is to make it an immerse experience, like HalloWeekends, except on a smaller scale. Constant party.
  • All food at Hugo’s Italian Kitchen and BackBeatQue will be made from scratch. They will make fresh pasta daily at Hugo's. Both restaurants will be on the meal plan. Hugo's is a nod to former park GM H. John Hildebrandt.
  • Tilt-a-Whirl in Camp Snoopy will be now be Linus' Beetle Bugs and will have a lady bug theme.
  • A new show at Jack Aldrich - Beach Blanket Beagle, a show from Knott's that will be retrofit for Jack Aldrich. The first couple of rows in Jack Aldrich have been removed to to make room for a sand pit.
  • Nashville Hits at Red Garter. Live show - no tracked music.
  • Blue Grass Jamboree now Backwood Pickers and Grand Old Pickers. One modern and one classic country show.
  • Backbeat Quartet will perform at BackBeatQue and will feature a mini grand piano on stage.
  • Loop Rawlins will return.
  • They're still in talks with Midnight Syndicate returning for HalloWeekends, but looks likely.

Last edited by Walt,

Thanks for the info! I’m excited about the pouches on SV. The new restraunts sound good too.

I bet tickets for next year’s WCO will be in high demand as people will be wanting to hear about the 150th. I’m hoping to go for my first time.

Thanks for the info! Only times I’ve been in the park off-season was around Christmas in 77 & 78 when I was invited to join the Food Service folks for lunch. I need to try and make WCO sometime.

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

Walt said:
Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island entrance will be the former Shoot the Rapids station.

Considering how changes around the park in the last few years have been a step in the right direction, I’m really looking forward to FFAI. The old STR station is perfect for the new entrance.

I suspect the pedestrian bridge will be the access to the island. If that’s the case, this would allow for a Western Cruise/Paddlewheel Excursions resurrection in a new version.

WCO was a lot of fun this year. All of the old models and concept art at Planning and Design was definitely a highlight, especially for all the gags in Boneville. I really hope they are considering a book of this kind of thing for the 150th anniversary.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Someone asked about a boom during the presentation for the 12:30 group and they said said yes a book will be made.

Do not expect any sort of WinterFest at Cedar Point to happen anytime soon as I asked during the Q&A.

Last edited by ImpulsivePhoenix,

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

All those old signs, models, and schematics. :) I'm surprised they kept them all, but I'm glad they did. The parking lot signs took me way back to childhood- I wouldn't mind seeing them in use again.

"Remember kids, we parked in Corkscrew, Row 6!"

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Impulsive Phoenix- What’s a boom?

ROUNDABOUND.

I LOVED this year's event. The new format was outstanding and nearly all of the points of interest you could visit were fun and interesting. The sign shop was glorious and I loved seeing the locomotives and ballroom. Our presentation was informative and entertaining. GREAT time.

Very excited that both new food locations will be on dining plan and that they seem to be trying to address some of the ongoing concerns guests have had with food and food service in the park. I am a bit suprised that the BBQ place won't feature any indoor seating, especially given its enormous footprint. For those who weren't there to see it... It will take up considerably more space than WW did.

Adventure Island is starting to intrigue me more and more. In our 8am group presentation, Tony and Jason did a really nice job in communicating the many different ways guests will be able to experience the attraction, without giving away too much of it's unpredictable nature. We're definitely going to try it out in June on our first trip.

Finally, I'm very hopeful with the pouches coming to SV. Let's see how it goes. Oh and this is just my hunch... But something tells me that a coaster is NOT in the plans for 2020/150th. Of course it's just a guess, but that's where I'm at right now.

Last edited by James Parker jr,

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Sollybeast said:

I'm surprised they kept them all, but I'm glad they did....

"Remember kids, we parked in Corkscrew, Row 6!"

Could not agree more. The amount of stuff they have kept in such good condition is pleasantly surprising. It would be really cool to see at least some of these things in the Town Hall museum (don't ya think?)...but maybe they have a reason for having them hidden?

Promoter of fog.

Even the trash cans used to be distinctively marked in the area they were placed in. Some had images or logos of rides like Giant Wheel, White Water Landing, Gemini, Corkscrew. There was also Amazement Park and Frontier Town.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service