25% off Breakers for this weekend

Anyone having reservations at Hotel Breakers this weekend, the park will change your reservation with honoring the 25% discount rate with a platinum pass.

It’s suppose to be crazy windy this weekend so not holding out for a good riding visit. But we will enjoy the trip no matter what. The discount just made it that much better.
Happy halloweeksnds!!

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

That's surprising that they would discount during these weekends. Perhaps the busy park is local, and doesn't attract the overnight crowd the way a weekend in July would.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Yeah. I was surprised. We made this reservation months ago, it was nice they applied the discount.

Obviously they’re not sold out, so we are hoping for a great trip given the weather forecast.

That's encouraging. Going up for a few hours early Sunday. May be a fine day to be there.

Enjoying the Ohio park on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie since the mid-1970s!

Thanks for this. I wouldn't have known otherwise. We're heading there early tomorrow morning for a full day tomorrow and half day on Sunday. You saved us $60 on our room.

On another note, has anyone been to Halloweekends this season on a Saturday? If I plan to get there around 9:30am tomorrow, will I be waiting in backed up traffic on the causeway, or will I miss all of that getting there that early? Our plan is to get there early enough so we have enough time to park by Breakers and then be waiting inside the park by Magnum for the rope drop so we can shoot over to SV.

Interesting they did this promotion, the Cedar Point Express hotel has been sold out for this weekend for last week or so, i already booked there which is kind of a bummer with the promotion. Probably based on the weather. Maybe it won’t be so bad, but dressing for the worst!!

There’s very little meat in these gym mats.

I went to the first HalloWeekend Saturday and got there first thing in the morning (about 9:30am). I got front row parking. The majority of crowds show up in the early afternoon and stays until late. From EE until the majority of said crowds appear is the best time to ride rides (example: I got 3 straight rides on TTD in about 30-45 minutes).

That’s great to hear. I was worried we’d hit traffic on the way in before EE and be stuck on the causeway.

We plan on getting there about 9:30am.

I still have flashbacks of the nightmare situation years back that everyone still talks about. We made the mistake of leaving the peninsula around lunch time and when we headed back to the park, traffic was backed up for miles. It took us a good two hours to get past the parking booths. We’re not leaving the peninsula this time until Sunday mid-afternoon.

From what I saw on social media, getting into the park last night was as bad as a Saturday. I guess it was unheard of for a Friday.

Does anyone know if this will be available next weekend? We've had a rotunda rroom reserved for Fri. and Sat. nights since Coastermania.

Cartwright said:

From what I saw on social media, getting into the park last night was as bad as a Saturday. I guess it was unheard of for a Friday.

It took us an extra 45 min from our usual commute into the park. Traffic was lined up to the thirsty pony at 615.

First ride; Magnum 1994

We got here early around 3:00.
Talked to people that had 2 hr wait on causeway.
Was very busy, it was windy but all major rides were up except TTD

FL was great last night, no waits for anything even SV was walk up the stairs.
It was nice to see the park rocking busy, looking forward to full staffing today, the lot is filling up. Gonna be crazy windy tonight 35mph winds, so looks like a Fright Lane night

I've frequented the resorts during Halloweekends and rarely does Breakers seem at occupancy. Usually I’m able to find some great deals on 3rd party travel sites this time of year, so not surprised by this upfront discount. I really think the cold weather on the beach along with no outdoor pools or CP shores takes away from some of the appeal.

Last night have been a Friday Halloweekends attendance records. The main lot was pretty full and guessing they were in the 30kish range which is unheard of. They Seemed to handle the crowds well though. Ride lines looked long, but houses were pretty typical and no huge food lines anywhere. There are lots of new food trucks which I think help.

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

Looks like tonight is a wash weather wise, which could make next Saturday busy for anyone who held off today.

GL2CP said:

Cartwright said:

It took us an extra 45 min from our usual commute into the park. Traffic was lined up to the thirsty pony at 615.

I didn't even watch the time we were on the causeway Friday I didn't want to think about it. Traffic was also slow on Rt. 6 and backed up on Rt 2 when we were coming in with Huron police manually controlling the traffic light at Rye Beach Rd. by the time we got to it. We were there with family members who couldn't ride much and walked slow and we had gotten a later start than we had hoped so we had no expectations to ride that much anyway. Every toll lane was open so they were handling the crowd the best that could be done. My son did notice that some of the drinking fountains weren't working and the water pressure was low when he was washing his hands and the last time we experienced that was the water main break so honestly I was just happy that we got a full night. The wait for our funnel cakes was reasonable but I'm not sure the kiosks are making that any quicker.

I didn't even watch the time we were on the causeway Friday I didn't want to think about it. Traffic was also slow on Rt. 6 and backed up on Rt 2 when we were coming in with Huron police manually controlling the traffic light at Rye Beach Rd. by the time we got to it.

We came in the same way. Probably best he was controlling the light it seemed to help alot. As soon as I saw that backup at the exit I though "uh oh"

First ride; Magnum 1994

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service