Oldest Building IN the Park?

Hey folks. Was at the park today and while waiting in line for the Boeckling Erie Estate haunt attraction I got to wondering, what is the oldest building in the actual park? Not necessarily on property, because I’m pretty sure Breakers would take that, but in the actual park itself. Thanks!

Awesome question...

Don't quote me, but, I seem to remember watching or reading somewhere that Pagoda was the oldest.

ETA: I did find an article saying the Pagoda was one of the oldest buildings at the park (this must have be the article I remember) stated that Pagoda was built sometime between 1907-1914. Also said that it has been used for a variety of services...CP Post Office and a restroom.

Last edited by Stacys,

I think the building that houses the convention center is oldest and the front of the building is in the park.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Oldest in the park is the Grand Pavilion which I believe is offices and such. Oldest on the entire point is the lighthouse.

Edit:Pete is correct, part of it is the convention center. I just took a walk past it.

Last edited by operative_me,

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Breaker -1905
Cedar's (White House Hotel) was around the same time or shortly after.
Grand Pavilion - 1888
Light House - 1867

CP&LE RR Supervisor/Engineer 04-18

There are a few buildings on Frontier Trail that were moved from other parts of Ohio and reassembled when the trail was introduced in 1971. I don't recall which ones specifically, but one or two date back to the 1820s and '30s. Hair splitting perhaps as they are not original to the island but technically they would be the oldest structures.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

And I thought the restrooms were the most dated buildings in the park...

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Must be the the most impotent of lighthouses. Can’t say I’ve even ever seen it.

Neat that FT has authentic, pre-civil war era structures. Makes me :)

Would love to see the grand pavilion returned to its former (Queen Anne?) grandeur. Huge flags and banners ALLLL over it.

The lighthouse is located in Lighthouse Point (I wonder where that name came from) and is right next to the pool.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Thanks Pete! I did a quick search after my post and yep sure is! (Impotent)

This subject is interesting, so I did a little look on the Google. Apparently the Grist Mill dates back to 1861, the Candle Shop dates back to 1835, and a few other cabins are from the 1820/1830s. This article is from 4 years ago but was a decent read.

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201406/4097/

If I get to the park anymore this year I'll try to poke around and see if I can dig anything else up.

Also came across the site with a little bit of history about the CP Lighthouse, which is pretty cool.

http://lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=659

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Here is another article I found that talks about some of the historic buildings inside the park:

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201303/3408/

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service