Park is closed. The beagle out front shoulda toldja.

Just Coasting said:

You definitely have a legitimate gripe. I can see where you were frustrated, the general conclusion drawn from myself is the park was closed due to the very poor and low attendance, not so much the rain.

Fixed that for you.

So the park closed on Sunday due to the remnants of a hurricane... I’m heading to CP next weekend, looks like just in time for the remnants of Hurricane Florence. Super.

And yes, I know this is the least of people’s worries with this hurricane. Hopefully everyone got out of there, NC coast looks nasty.

ROUNDABOUND.

The NC hurricane will not affect Sandusky.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I would not fret on the weather yet. I went in late may with the remnants of tropical storm Alberto was expected to hit the area hard when we were there. It moved a little west, did not effect Cedar Point, had a walk on day and two low crowd days after as a bonus. This storm seems to be blocked in by the Appalachian mountains and should move east next week (I will also be there next weekend). With weather you never know, especially at Cedar Point, so here's hoping and hoping everyone fairs well in the Carolina's.

I agree with Pete; there is little evidence that anything significant will come this way.

Typically, the hurricanes that do end up impacting this area are the ones that come up from the Gulf of Mexico and then curl upwards through the Midwest.

That said, I will not soon forget the "hurricane" the blew through Ohio in 2009. We still lived in Columbus, and the winds from a hurricane from the gulf somehow increased to 75 mph, making it technically a hurricane. The house we live in now in Louisville (NE Ohio) lost an out-building from that storm, and I remember driving home from Ohio State's campus that night and gaining a new respect for even category-1 force winds.

Promoter of fog.

Hurricane we will not see, a tropical depression we will.

If remnants reach here, it will be in the weekdays, not any day CP will operate.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

I’m gonna hold yous guys to that forecast! We are debating about switching to Castaway Bay instead of Lighthouse Point since the forecast looks yucky.

ROUNDABOUND.

What forecast is saying yucky? NOAA is Sunny and 80F Saturday and Sunday.

Next weekend, not this weekend.

This weekend is the next weekend. :)

Right right. This weekend looks amazing. But I’m looking at the following weekend. 9/21-24.

ROUNDABOUND.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service