Boo Necklace

If anybody is going to reuse on of these they probably have button cell batteries. Order them from amazon or batterybob. Those things can be expensive at a store.

Dollar Tree (at least local here) sells the button batteries. I had to replace the batteries in my son’s No-Boo last year between our trip to Dorney Park and Kings Island.

Someone asked if they have all been the same color; nope. They’ve been an orange pumpkin 🎃, green Frankenstein, and a white ghost 👻.

ROUNDABOUND.

Dvo said:

Can anybody speak as to how effective the necklaces are?

Generally speaking from my observations the effectiveness also relies on the intelligence of the guest/parents of the child using it. Last season on numerous occasions I saw a child wearing a No Boo necklace leading the way inside the haunted house. The screamsters would pop out and do the scare and then have to apologize to the child they scared them. Not sure if people thought having the No Boo first would be better for the kid or the whole group or if they were just idiots. The screamsters did not have time to look for a No Boo before doing their jump scare.

I would say if your child has one and decides they wanna do a haunted house, keep them in the middle to the back of the group as they go through the house.

To be fair, the No Boos are advertised to only work for the outdoor scare zones. The door people at the indoor houses should explain that if they see someone wearing one. In most cases, it's virtually impossible to see them coming in an indoor attraction, they're a good bit easier to see in the scare zones. Of course, that's assuming that they're lit and not tucked inside a jacket or something.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Dvo said:
Can anybody speak as to how effective the necklaces are? I'm just thinking that screamsters in the scare zones are often moving quickly, and also sneaking up on people from behind.

Unfortunately this does happen, and I’ve actually done this once before. We discuss this in training, because it’s expected to happen due to the very reasons you stated above. If that happens we immediately break character, apologize, and move on.

That being said, it’s rare when this happens, because the necklaces stick out like a sore thumb. When it does happen it’s because the kids often times hold the glow part (making it not as bright) as the screamster is sneaking up directly behind them.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Obviously the best solution is to buy 2, so you have some tail lights. :)

The No Boo Necklace is definitely a purple bat this year. Park gift shops were well stocked with them this past Sunday. I didn't notice the price, but like someone else mentioned earlier, my initial thought after seeing them was a bit cynical. I thought it was perhaps bit dubious to expect parents to buy a new one each year. I'm glad to hear that Screamsters will honor light-ups from past years. It even sounds like the opportunity to collect a new design each year has some appeal. Cool.

Sorry it's not Peanuts themed.

Richie A.

Make sure you factor in an extra $2 to locker it when you take a spin on Steel Vengeance.

I tend to see more adults wearing them than kids. Several times I have seen the person wearing the no boo necklace get mad because their group was not scared by a screamster in an outdoor zone. I also know someone that would wear a no boo necklace before they were a screamster.

CP&LE RR Supervisor/Engineer 04-18

While at Cedar Point and Kings Island we were mostly ignored because my son wears a No-Boo necklace, at Dorney Park the Screamsters would still interact in character with the boy. There was one character on stilts that looked pretty creepy but he commented on how tall my son was and said if he keeps growing he will be as tall as the guy on stilts. That was pretty cool. But the boy has never had an “accidental” jump scare in any of the zones. I do tell him that he can’t go in the mazes/houses with the No-Boo necklace.

As for collecting, he has the first 3 and wears them all through the Halloween season. We’ve replaced the batteries a couple times.

ROUNDABOUND.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service