Boo Necklace

Any idea as to what the 2018 boo necklace is for Halloweekends this year.

I love the Boo Necklace, I purchase one every year and wear it with pride.

I have a sneaky suspicion it will be "Peanuts Themed", Snoopy inspired.

I have a suspicion it’s Troll themed.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I heard it's themed to being made whole.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I think it’s a bat 🦇 this year, $12 price tag.

ROUNDABOUND.

Thabto said:

Oooh, I wonder what that looks like . . . and how heavy it is.

Heaven forbid they keep it the same year over year, so that parents with children don't have to keep spending money on these over and over.

Thankfully my kids are finally old enough I won't be buying one this time around.

Yeah, they should keep the All-Season Souvenir Cups the same every year too, you could just reuse last years and not have to buy the kids new ones.
Handstamps, why change the stamp and color, that way I don’t have multiple stamps in a trip and I don’t have to shower.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

Are you seriously comparing services/products rendered with something that prevents park resources from being used?

Of course the souvenir cup changes - soda costs money to provide. Not scaring a child doesn't cost money.

Brandon

The NO BOO necklace most likely costs the park more than the souvenir cups. Soda is virtually all profit at that fountain level pricing fractions of pennies an ounce, it has virtual value from the perceived cost of soda for sale in bottles.

And I was just pointing out the absurdity of expecting to reuse a purchased service year after year.

Selling soda requires staff to both stock and sell the product, maintenance of the equipment, refrigeration, water and energy for ice cubes, climate control (I'm assuming) for the Refresh spots, etc. There's a very healthy margin for sure, but it is in no way "virtually all profit."

The resources needed to sell a crappy dollar store necklace? Very little in comparison.

Like I said - I get that there's value in the necklace, and that the park shouldn't be literally giving them away. But it's these types of decisions in the aggregate (along with staffing issues, awful food, etc.) that can come back around to bite them in the ass.

Brandon

Staff which is already there for other products,which is also necessary to sell and stock the NO BOOs.
Equipment maintenance is done by Coke.
Ice, water, ‘climate control’ would all be necessary for the Free cups of water that are handed out as well.

There’s shared costs in providing services, from a COGS perspective fountain soda is most definitely almost all profit, just like popcorn st a movie theater but I bet you pay $12 for that.

Halfpint said:

Thabto said:

Oooh, I wonder what that looks like . . . and how heavy it is.

What is it with this site and wanting to be made whole?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

It goes back to the Winter Chill Out debacle where the tickets went on sale at midnight, however there were problems. Some people went to sleep because they couldn't stay up any longer.

By morning the event was sold out. So the people that said I'll get them in the morning couldn't because the event was sold out.

So I made a big argument that Cedar Point should make the people "Whole" by offering the people that missed out an opportunity a chance to purchase a ticket.

Tony Clark even chimed in at some point.

From what I was told, Cedar Point will not go down that road again by selling tickets at 12:00 midnight.

I think they were trying to do a black Friday hype.

Honestly speaking, if a child were to wear a no boo necklace from a past year, though not 100%, but my guess is that most screamster still wouldn’t scare them. We’re out there to make people happy, not to ruin their day. If they have the necklace, obviously they don’t want to be scared. It’s not a requirement to scare every single person on the midway. We’ll just move on to the next person.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I don't see why a no boo necklace purchased in previous seasons wouldn't work. Did anyone get information from the park that screamsters are to ignore necklaces from previous years? Are the new ones a different color? If so, couldn't screamsters honor both colors? This whole debate seems like a lot of drama over nothing. I would bet that if a kid had a glowing object around his neck the screamsters wouldn't scare him.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Can anybody speak as to how effective the necklaces are? I'm just thinking that screamsters in the scare zones are often moving quickly, and also sneaking up on people from behind. So it seems very plausible that they would jump out at someone wearing a necklace. Just curious if people have any experience with it.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Are the necklaces referenced in this thread the same ones as were talked about in the pregnant thread? Are there Boo necklaces and non-Boo necklaces or are they one and the same? OP seems to want one more as a keepsake than something to keep from being scared by screamsters. If the necklaces are one and the same, I could see kids (and some adults as well) wanting them just because they light up (like the carts of spinning/lighted things sold at exits at night) and are Halloween themed. I can see kids wanting to wear them trick or treating. May at least in part explain $12 price.

And based on CoasterKyle's comment, CP management is probably making a note to order necklaces with 4 hour non-replaceable batteries for next season. ;)

Last edited by GoBucks89,

Dvo, we buy one for our daughter every year, it works well, so well infact, that they won't even come near us.

No Boo necklaces from previous seasons are indeed perfectly valid, as long as they still light up.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

It works well for the screamsters, but sometimes regular park patrons will come up to someone with a no boo necklace and purposely scare someone.

It happened to my son.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service